“Primo Steak in a classic NY steakhouse”
Review of Sparks Steak House

Sparks Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Sparks Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #249 of 13,630 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: Nearest Transit: Grand Central - 42 St (7, 7X), Grand Central - 42 St (4, 5, 6, 6X), 51 St (4, 6, 6X).
New York City, New York
“Primo Steak in a classic NY steakhouse”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I love classily decorated New York Steakhouses. And Sparks is one of the best. The steak in my opinion is top notch, the service is great and the atmosphere is authentic. I wasn't a fan of the creamed spinach but others seem to like it.

They have great lunch specials too!

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hove, United Kingdom
“Great Steak”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is infamous Spark's Steakhouse where Paul Castellano was gunned down in the Eighties.

Being a Mob Aficionado had to check this place out. What can I say? Very good service,the place looks like an old school Bar/Restaurant and the steak is big and just sublime.

I'd recommend this place just for the characters that frequent it alone.

• Visited July 2012
Detroit
“great potential but maybe not our night”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Had dinner RSVP for 6:30 on Saturday night. Many empty tables when we got there. Waiter said the storms have slowed down business. Wine list looked good with several bottles in the $65 range. Room got a little noisey but we could carry on a reasonable conversation. Attire ranged from jeans to suits. My wife an I both had the Filet and split a baked potato and a side of broccoli. The sides were $8.50 each and the filet was $47.50. After reading previous reviews we asked that the steaks not be charred too much. We ordered the steaks medium but they came out medium rare. They were not overly chared and had good flavor and were huge!! The downside was that they were on the tough side and had what I assume to be tendons attached. They need to trim their steaks. Not appealing and not something that I have ever seen in a filet in Detroit, Chicago, Tampa, or Vegas. That makes it very difficult to give it a higher rating. Rolls were average. The potato was good but not as big as most al la carte steakhouses. Still looking for a restaurant that can serve broccoli other than throwing five pieces with five inch stems on a plate. Filet was big in size but quality was below Ruth's Chris or Flemings. Service was good but getting the check took some time.

• Visited November 2012
Ireland
“The real NY steakhouse experience - loved it”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had a brilliant night at Sparks Steakhouse on Saturday night last and I hope that I will go back again sometime.

I have NEVER seen a such a vast wine list ANYWHERE - fabulous.

The steaks were 'melt in your mouth' - exceptional. They are very big and most of us could not finish them - much to our disappointment.

If you are looking for a less expensive steakhouse then this is not the place for you but it is well work the extra bucks for the experience.

We had drinks at the bar first (very casual and enjoyable) and were comfortably led to our table but not rushed in any way at all.

Service was great too.

All in all - loved it and definately recommend

• Visited November 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Good, but Expensive, Steak”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had a late dinner here mid-week in October. The restaurant was full. The steak was okay, nothing to rave about. For the price, I expected a much more tender steak. The service was excellent, and the wine list was good.

Visited October 2012