“Pleasant seafood restaurant”
Review of Pescatore

Pescatore
Reserve with OpenTable
Pescatore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,256 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 50th St. & 51st St.
Transit: 6 to 51st St.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Pleasant décor, good service, tasty Italian food, mostly fish – I had a fish with fennel and other flavorings often used in Sicilian cuisine. Recommended!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This place had nice atmosphere and good service. Entrees were average (Seafood with couscous & Seafood ragu over linguni). Mussel appetizers were excellent. Prices were a little high.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were walking along 2nd Ave in mid-town and came across this place and decided to stop and get lunch. It happened to be the best lunch of our trip to NYC. My wife had a fish sandwich which she said was to die for. I had the homemade Ravioli which I thought was insane. I want to go back!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The atmosphere is inviting and the food is very good. We were greeted by a young woman who showed interest in us and was very welcoming. The mussels were well prepared, the shrimp scampi special over risotto was very nice. I had the linguine nego for at least the third time. Will definitely return soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Their food were average for me, some were good, but other were OK. We ordered Fried Calamari, Caprese, Steamed Mussels, Linguini Alla Vongole and Pescatore, etc... But nothing special for me, I could eat better Italian food in Cleveland at lower price. But they were a lot of portions, so we could bring them home.

There were so many small cute fish decorations on the ceiling. I asked one of waitresses, "Do you call them Pesciolini?" But she does not speak Italian at all.