“A fun and quirky place”
Review of Jekyll & Hyde Club - CLOSED

Jekyll & Hyde Club
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: THIS LOCATION IS CLOSED. PLEASE VISIT JEKYLL AND HYDE CLUB TIMES SQUARE.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Despite what a lot of people are saying on here I really enjoyed me two visits to the Jekyll and Hyde club. It was fun and interesting with lots of curious things every where you looked. I found the staff helpful and friendly and the food enjoyable. I would reccommend the Peanut butter milkshake, it is quite simply amazing. Beware of the barstools though if you're in for drinks, they have a wee surprise in store, as does the bathrooms...Well worth a visit but go mid afternoon as you may have to queue outside for a table if you go later.

2  Thank deathsblackdove

Reviewed September 2, 2013

On the day that I arrived in NYC for my Broadway weekend I was sooo excited and was looking for a place for lunch. I ended up at Jekyll & Hyde Club in Times Square. I liked the Jekyll & Hyde concept and thought it would be an interesting experience. Boy was it! Unfortunately though for me, the interesting or should I say "weird" part wasn't from the actors who played out various scenes while having lunch, it was the exploding bottle of ketchup. That's right, an exploding bottle of ketchup!

I ordered fish & chips while sitting at a nearly empty bar. When the bartender/waitress brought the meal, I asked for ketchup. She placed a bottle there and walked away. As I twisted the top off of the bottle, there was a loud POOF and ketchup exploded out of the bottle, on the bar counter, on the floor, on the empty chair next to me and on me! Needless to say, I was stunned!

I called the bartender/waitress over to show her what occurred....and rather than offering to help me clean myself up, she went to get a manager. Never offered me napkins or anything to get the mess off of me! After about 1 minute, the "manager" came over and looked at me and asked. "what happened?" I told him the ketchup exploded and I asked, "can I get some napkins to clean myself up". He told the bartender/waitress to get me some napkins while I showed him all where the ketchup went...the counter, chair and on the floor.

He simply said, "I'm sorry" and told the waitress to order me another drink on the house! Never offered to help me clean myself or anything. Just said that and walked away! The waitress finally cleaned the ketchup off of the bar counter and she too walked away. I sat there still stunned. After about 5 minutes of sitting there and cleaning myself off, I called the waitress back over. She came and I said to her "I still need some ketchup please". She handed me a bottle, but opened it herself this time. This bottle did not explode.

Well I sat there and finished the meal and the original drink that I had ordered. I called for the waitress to come back and when she did, I asked her for the 2nd drink. Then she asked, "what do you want to drink?". Again, I was stunned considering she took and made the 1st drink! I would have thought she'd simply bring me back what I had been drinking from the get go! The bar wasn't busy at all so it wasn't like she had several other drink orders to remember!

I think under different circumstances, I would have enjoyed my time at the Jekyll & Hyde Club much better. Interesting place to visit, and I might again some day, but tis day in June was just not for me!

3  Thank Slick12
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Popped in here for a drink as we had left the restaurant next door and it was raining. Didn't realise the rigmarole that you had to go through to get in! It is a strange entrance but entertaining nonetheless. Obviously we were sworn to secrecy about the place but it is worth a visit! Didn't eat here so can't comment about the food. I wouldn't go out of my way to go back as the concept really didn't appeal to us. However, I'm sure that many a tourist will find the pub's amusements dotted around quite funny. Being in a similar trade ourselves we were pleased we went in for a drink as it was another story on our holiday but it is just a bizarre/strange place and we wondered how it survives as there were only about 15 people in it! Bearing in mind its location just off Times Square you would think that it would be quite full. I hope it works out for them, I heard the bar tender explaining that they have plans to expand. The décor is quite dark so had me yawning my head off! As I said before it wasn't busy when we went in and is a massive floor space so that's never very appealing to a customer. I would think that the strangeness of it all probably puts many off going back.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Food was obviously reheated and they didn't have the simplest of things. The prices were too high for the quality of the food.

3  Thank Daner51
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We noticed this restaurant during our stay in Times Square and decided to try it for my daughter's birthday. It turned out to be a very fun experience, and I would say this place reminds me of Disney World's "Haunted Mansion" but with food.

The atmosphere, including the actors, made the experience quite enjoyable for our family and they all found ways to incorporate my daughter's birthday throughout the evening.

Like everything in New York, the food is overpriced, but that's to be expected. At the end if the day, we left with great memories that will last us a long time.

3  Thank RyanWJ74
Donald R, Guest Relations Manager at Jekyll & Hyde Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for the positive review. But this review is posted to the wrong location. This location is closed. Would you please re-post this review to the correct location which is Jekyll and Hyde Club Times Square. We would appreciate it very much. Thank you.