“"Crème de la Crème"”
Review of Per Se

Per Se
Reserve with OpenTable
Per Se is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 13,935 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 60th Street
Transit: 1,9,B,D,A,C to Columbus Circle
Reviewed June 28, 2013

It's one of the best Restaurants in the world " 11 position in The World's 50 best Restaurants Awards " .
Per Se cuisine is contemporary, French-US and the standout dish is Sant Jacques en Croûte de Pomme de Terre was outstanding !!!

There are newer reviews for Per Se

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our friends and us had the privilege of indulging in numerous immaculately crafted courses during a trip to NYC in March. The food is unbelievable. We had scrumptious caviar, fantastic lobster, and amazing desserts. The wagyu is a must. And even the cervelle de veau (veal brains) was incredible. I can't wait to go back. Service was exceptionally attentive (as it should be in Michelin starred a restaurants). Our head waiter (?) could have benefitted from a touch more personality tho.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

It's all been said - beautiful surroundings, gorgeous flowers, comfortable chairs, a handbag stool - and fantastic,clever, thoughtful food. None of the 'offal with ice cream' stuff that passes for great cooking these days; this is a kitchen genuinely focused on interesting but perfectly designed combinations.

This was our second visit; we took my father for his birthday, and he adored the place as much as we do. He is still talking about the 'oysters and pearls'.

Staff are friendly, not snooty, and very attentive.They go out of their way to ensure that dishes are altered or replaced if you have allergies.

Best of all is the fact that there are two dégustation menus: one for carnivores and one for vegetarians. I have never been so spoiled.

1  Thank EJHSydney
Reviewed June 22, 2013

It's this simple. It is the finest dining in the the most amazing city (& hometown) on planet Earth! Better than Chef Keller's French Laundry. My sincerest apologies to Sirio and sons whose Le Cirque has been Heaven on Earth to me for so many years and to Daniel Boulud and my other favorite Michelin starred and enormously talented chefs. Per Se is not my all around favorite NYC restaurant but for flavors it has consistently been a virtual spiritual experience for my taste buds. Every single one. I recall all dates, times and locations when I've nearly been overwhelmed by Epicurean perfection. Eight visits to date have been incredibly memorable. While I love lively and varied dinner conversations, when dining at Per Se I only want to talk about each forkfull of incredibly expensive food and cost is irrelevant. I will dine out tonight and if I have a swoon-worthy course I will try not to inadvertantly shout out the name "Per Se". That would be embarrassing during any orgiastic experience. I couldn't survive w/o great food and love. And it's Thomas Keller not Tom.
I think I'll fantasize a bit before going out and read tonight's Per Se menu.

1  Thank AlexIII
Reviewed June 16, 2013

It's all been said before. Thomas Keller is one of the finest chefs in the world. To enjoy Per Se, is to pat yourself on the back and say, I appreciate what artistry is as it relates to food. The symphony of perfect service, divine views, and the food; each bite more interesting than the last. Explaining this restaurant and all its glory to someone who doesn't "get it" is like explaining color to a person unable to see. Suffice it to say, get your reservation weeks in advance, prepare for about $1200 for two depending on the wine you choose and sit back and enjoy the three hour ride. The last seating for dinner is at 10 pm in case you like to dine late.