“Perfect”
Review of Per Se

Per Se
Reserve with OpenTable
Per Se is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 14,292 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 60th Street
Transit: 1,9,B,D,A,C to Columbus Circle
Reviewed May 17, 2013

As visitors to NY from the UK, this was to be one of the highlights of our trip. I had very high expectations and these were met and exceeded. From start to finish this was the most memorable meal of our lives.

The food was beyond amazing, the service was attentive and friendly without being intimidating or 'stuffy'. We got a tour of the kitchen after our meal, one of the many nice touches that we did not expect. The friendly and attentive staff certainly made this experience even more special by bringing us additional courses to sample that were not on the menu, and by providing my husband with fine malt whisky (!!).

Expensive? Yes. But you know that before you go, Worth it? Absolutely.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had lunch here and it was a nice experience. Service was professional, but stiff. To start with I had nettle pierogi with morel and pea tendrils . I was a small portion, but delicious. My husband had ricotta agnolotti with pepper, fava beans and meyer lemon. I like my pierogi better. I then had the lobster with miso pudding and coconut nuage. It was a flavorful dish and I enjoyed it very much. My husbands halibut was less successful. It was a touch over cooked and I told him to send it back, but he didn’t. As a whole the dishes he picked were not as flavorful as mine was. We skipped dessert because nothing jumped at us. Overall a nice experience for me, but not much for my husband.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have read all the amazing reviews and couldn't wait to try this restaurant.
Went for lunch. Gorgeous setting, comfortable and upscale without a stuffy feel. Decided to try the 7 course meal.
What was surprising is that the food wasn't that great. The service, presentation and atmosphere are a 10, but the food is good but not amazing.
What is amazing is the desserts!! They are spectacular......creative, with distinct and unique flavors. The candies, cookies and chocolates are also quite good but a bit much.
The best dish we had besides the desserts, was the scallop. It was excellent.
Definitely a restaurant for a special occasion, but don't believe all the hype.

1  Thank ldjsue
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Yes, it's very good, but not in relation to the price. Most dishes were not that memorable. Service was friendly, but would for example serve out when people of our party were visiting toilet. The ambiance is stuffy and oldfashioned ( the view is great though), and the air conditioning blasted us away so it got unpleasantly chilly, (and it could not be turned down even though we asked three times). We have visited star restaurants of far better quality and a much fairer relation to price in Italy and Spain. Think celler de Can Roca in girona. Ambiance, maybe a cultural thing, to us felt oldfashioned in a bad way. Give it a miss.

9  Thank deppeflep
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had lunch here on a lazy Saturday afternoon in February, not sure what to expect with all the hype. We watched the sun dance along the tree line of Central Park and had unhurried four hour lunch with about nine courses. The atmosphere is serene, service is crisp, and our tour of the kitchen quite enlightening.