“The greatest meal of my life”
Review of Per Se

Per Se
Reserve with OpenTable
Per Se is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 13,763 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 60th Street
Transit: 1,9,B,D,A,C to Columbus Circle
New York City, New York
“The greatest meal of my life”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Per Se is just plain Amazing. This is my second visit, and i believe its the best reaturant I've ever been to in my life. The place is so lovely and so comfortable, and the wait staff incredible. But THE FOOD. The food is indescribable. So I won't even try! How lucky I am to have been taken here twice!

• Visited September 2012

• Polish first
Newcastle, Australia
“Wow!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

As the Americans say - Wow!!
I got up at midnight in Australia to book this one and it was worth the fuss.
And what a find this restaurant this was - we were welcomed, wined and
dined with the finest food we have had in the US and felt like regulars.
The Oysters and Pearls is worth the accolades. And my wife had the vegetarian
degustation which was totally superb.
The whole package is amazing - the view, room, food, service and wine. And the price,
although high was quite reasonable for a Michelin 3 rosette. Do it. Do it now!

• Visited August 2012
Pittsburgh
“put on your bucket list!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Eating at Per Se is an experience not just a meal. The whole presentation is wonderful. The service and attention is special. Not only is the food great but the way that the meal shifts from one tasting and viewing experience to the next. Even the sorbet near the end to clear the palate was great. My wife who is not very interested in fine dining was agog with enjoyment. Go if you can.

Visited September 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“French Laundry on the East Coast”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

All of the hype can't possibly be accurate, right? Wrong. It is complete perfection - mostly because of the professional service and unsurpassed presentation of inventive cuisine. Such a fan. Pretty penny sure. But often you pay that for something totally unimpressive. That will not happen at Per Se

Visited October 2012
1 Thank sfdann
“Outstanding”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

My visits to Per Se was a birthday treat and what a treat it was. Save for the rather odd choice of location (in the Time Warner shopping centre) everything about the place exudes class. The service is the finest I have experienced so far. Discrete yet attentive, the maitre'd was charming. Attention to detail here is second to none. We opted for the tasting menu which takes around three and a half hours. The portions are suitably small which is a good thing or you'd never make it to the end of the meal. My favourite dish had to be the Oysters and Pearls, simply exquisite. Try not to fill up on the bread (although I've yet to taste better rolls). Excellent ingredients, beautifully cooked and presented. Beware the mignardises at the end. Just as I'd congratulated myself on reaching the end of the meal, we were presented with a huge array of sweeties! Sadly, they were a bridge too far for me and I had to pass.... The wine list is huge, but the Sommelier is more than happy to make recommendations as to suitable pairings. Would I go again? In a heartbeat although I suspect the other half's wallet may need some time to recover!