“A Unique Dining Experience”

Nougatine at Jean Georges
Reserve with OpenTable
Nougatine at Jean Georges is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #248 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 60th St. and 61st Streets
Transit: A C, B, D, or 1 line to 59th Street Columbus Circle.
Description: Jean-Georges opened in 1997 to critical acclaim. The jewel of Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s empire, the restaurant offers the very best in fine dining. Consistently awarded four stars by the New York Times and three Michelin stars, Jean-Georges presents exquisitely crafted dishes blending French, American, and Asian influences. Chef Jean-Georges is a master at maintaining the essence of ingredients while using them inventively to produce the best flavor. Jean-Georges’ chic and intimate dining room was redesigned by Thomas Juul-Hansen, with striking lighting by L’Observatoire. Impeccable service, tableside preparations, and floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning views of Central Park and Columbus Circle all contribute to an unforgettable dining experience. Jean-Georges offers a three-course prix-fixe menu and two six-course tasting menus: a traditional tasting of the chef’s signature dishes, and a seasonal tasting featuring fresh market ingredients.
Long Island, New York
“A Unique Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was our first visit to a JG restaurant. As expected, the food was expertly prepared, small in portion, and tantalized the palate. Quite frankly, the scene was a bit overcrowded and pretentious, but that should be expected at a JG restaurant in NYC. We will probably revisit, but not anytime soon.

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
“Impressive”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I came here during the restaurant week with my husband. I ordered the restaurant week menu, which was only one available (we thought they were 2 choices). It was tuna tartare, baked chicken and lava molten chocolate cake. My husband ordered butternut squash soup with shitake mushroom and a fish dish with brussel sprouts. The service was quick. Both tuna tartare and soup were delicious. The chicken was slightly overbaked, so a bit dry. The fish that my husband ordered was really really good (it wasn't salmon). The dessert was amazing! The chocolate cake was warm, moist and served with vanilla ice cream. Fab dining experience! We will come back for sure.

• Visited February 2013
Cockeysville, Maryland
“Can't hard boil an egg? Really?”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I called ahead to alert the breakfast crew at the restaurant that I wanted a hard boiled egg for breakfast. I even told them how long to boil the egg and that the timer was to start after the egg was put in the boiling water! 12 minutes, please. The egg was presented to me after I sat down, and believe it or not the egg was so undercooked that the yolk actually ran out on the plate! The reason the restaurant gets 3 stars is that its chicken sausage is outstanding. The wheat toast was nothing out of the ordinary, at all. The service was good. I told the manager as I left that the cook who did this should be made to watch a YouTube video 100 times on how to boil an egg. It is shameful that any cook in any breakfast restaurant does not know how to hard boil an egg.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 9Adventuress
Indianapolis IN
“Won't be back!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Came here on February 9 before seeing Carmen at the Metropolitan Opera. Annoyed immediately that we weren't seated at 5 as they were still prepping??? There were about 5 couples standing in the lobby that had gust of freezing wind blowing in. The hostess wasn't friendly. The worst was the African American coat check girl that rolled her eyes at my husband and I every time she went to put a coat in the closet!!! She really needs a different position--We were seated about 5:15 by a blonde haired sommelier that informed me that coats were not allowed to be on the back of the chair. I was wearing mine! Rude and snotty! We were dressed to the 9's but treated like crap. I've never felt so unwelcome at any establishment of this class in my life. At this point, the meal was doomed. My husband asked the same blonde about a bottle of wine. She advised on a weak Cab Franc blend after I told her I preferred full bodied cabs. No attention to detail. Our waiter was kind. I have to say the food was really good. I had the red snapper and it was delicious and my husband had a steak that was very well prepared. The goat cheese fondue salad vinaigrette was too overpowered by a Dijon mustard. My husband loved the delicious cheese plate and who could complain about the signature JG molten cake with vanilla bean ice-cream? Those were the highlights. The final deal breaker to me was when my husband took it upon himself to pour some more wine and the same blonde that scolded me about my coat and suggested the wine took the bottle out of his hand to assert her position. Not very polished. It's too bad that the front house staff marred our experience. We take our food very seriously.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank LA H
New York City, New York
“One of our favorite places to eat in NYC”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have been to Nougatine many times and have always gotten an excellent meal with perfect service. This place is a real treat to eat at. The food is just soooo good.

Visited November 2012