“True American experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tick Tock Diner

Tick Tock Diner
Ranked #702 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
“True American experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've been visiting New York at Christmas time for 13 years! And I came here on my first visit and every one since!
It's a true New York experience and the pies and deserts!, wow!

• Visited December 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Standard diner.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Tick Tock is in a prime location, attached to the New Yorker hotel. It's easy to get to and a good place to stop in to if you're walking about. The food is good, not too pricey and the staff are pleasant. I would go back to the Tick Tock again if in the area, but it's not anything special and I wouldn't go out of my way to get there, hence the 3* rating....

Scotland
“Good choice and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Visited this diner for breakfast and was fairly pleased with it. Overall the servers were friendly and efficient and the food was good with plenty of breakfast choices.

It's a bustling wee place and seems popular with tourists and locals alike. Shame that on one of our visits we were seated near the door with an icy cold blast every time it opened! The booths up the back are much more pleasant!

Overall good and finished my plate on both visits. Reasonably priced too.

“Friendly diner in a busy area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

This place is close to Penn Station - a very busy area. It is huge inside, and I liked the retro style. I was given a warm welcome as soon as I walked in, and the waiter was friendly. I had a triple-decker sandwich with fries, followed by cheesecake, and it was tasty and reasonably priced. A good place to visit if you're early for your train.

new york
“A Sad Diner Tale: the Tick Tock Diner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Although I usually don't like to pan a restaurant completely, to save visitors and residents alike a bad experience, I decided to write one. The Tick Tock Diner on 34th Street and 8th Avenue is a place to stay away from. When we first walked in, hoping to have the usual great diner lunch, we noticed that the lighting was dim and environment somewhat shabby. We almost walked out but stayed unfortunately.

I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and about halfway through it, I wondered what I was eating. It's pretty hard to ruin grilled cheese, but they managed it. My husband waited and waited for his waffle and when it was clear it wasn't coming, ordered fruit salad. It was really bad. The place is crowded--location, location, location--but if you possibly can go someplace else--Tir Nan Og, for example, a block away or even inside Macy's, do so.