“First official Diner experience ”
Review of Tick Tock Diner

Tick Tock Diner
Reserve with OpenTable
Tick Tock Diner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #709 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Staying at the New Yorker it was an absolute bonus having the Tick Tock diner in the building. Excellent, quick and tasty food. It gets very busy between 8 and 10 in the morning but the free coffee fill ups make up for that. Great place to people watch and to start the day with a bang and good hearty breakfast!!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,156)

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The food is okay, a bit on the expensive side in my very honest opinion.

I ordered a milkshake which my waiter completely forgot about, and only went and got it when I reminded him.

I realise the tipping system in America is pretty strict, but I don't think there's any need to be quite so rude/aggressive when people who aren't used to your culture don't really understand what you want. Your service was average - why must I give you $6 more?!

It was okay for take-away, but is service in the US like this everywhere? Left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Charming diner, good food with huge portions. The best New York cheesecake I have ever had!!!
Very busy though, and server could have been friendlier. She seems tired and grumpy.

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Service was less than average, food was average at best. Fills the hole and not sure what you can expect in NYC...in terms of service or food. The coffee was actually better than I expected.

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Great place to have breakfast. We ate here every morning as we were staying at the New Yorker.

Food was tasty with a good choice. Take out was also available. I had the strawberry cheesecake. It was delicious.

It was always busy but there turned tables over quickly therefore not a long wait. Some waiting staff were miserable and really didn't deserve their tips.

I liked the fact it was open 24 he's which made it convenient at all times for us.

I enjoyed every meal I had at the diner and would visit again.