“Salmon Tartare of the Gods”
Review of 44 & X

44 & X
Reserve with OpenTable
44 & X is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #488 of 14,527 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: W 44th Street
Transit: 1, 2, 3, 7, A, C, E, N, Q, R, S, & W trains to 42nd Street. The restaurant is walking distance to Times Square and the Theater District.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

A New Yorker friend of mine recommended we dine here in Hell's Kitchen. WOW. What an excellent suggestion it was. I has the spicy salmon tartare to start and the asian flavors were superb. Hands down, the best fish tartare I've ever had. I continued with seafood theme for my main, opting for the Mahi Mahi. Once again, fresh and full of flavour ~ never masking the star of the plate. I can't wait to go back and dive into a plate of their fried chicken, breast of duck and it just goes on and on. (sampling the plates of my party was not enough) The menu is just perfect.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We dropped in late one night, as it was close to our hotel. The food was very good, the location was tasteful. They also have outdoor dining which I find a big plus in NY. Only drawback was a 20 min wait before someone took our drink order while the restaurant was closer to empty than full. After that the service was ok. They did however have interesting choice of music, with Skrillex and likewise, which I found wierd in a classy restaurant. Overall recommended.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

It was a bit of a walk from our hotel but worth it. Ambiance was relaxing. We sat inside next to the windows even though it was a warm spring evening and tables were occupied outside.

Attentive waiter, not too noisy and the meal was excellent. Wine was reasonable at around $45 for a nice red. I had the sauteed breast of duck and it was very good. It was a quiet nite so we weren't rushed. Suggest making a reservation.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Really tasty food that's definitely out of the ordinary - we loved it. Puds weren't quite as exciting as they sounded on menu -would probably opt for starter and main next time...yes I'm going to have to go back sometime all the way from England. Brits it's also worth knowing that it's not at all frowned upon (as it might be in UK) to share a starter / pud and to ask for a container to take left overs home -they don't call it a doggy bag as we do - can't remember the right phrase but every restaurant seems to be equipped with polystyrene take away boxes and carrier bags.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We have dined at 44&X at least four times. I find I always leave with a smile on my face having just enjoyed a fabulously prepared and expertly served meal. The quality of the food is superb, the waiters are so knowledgeable, friendly, attentive and available when you want them. They never hover over your table so as to join your group. My wife and I had dinner there last night and commented on how well the restaurant is maintained. We have been going to this gem for several years and you see none of the usual signs of worn or tattered edges. It is always immaculate, bright and energetic. Not loud, fun. It is a bit costly, but well earned.