“Fantastico!!!”

Il Tinello Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Tinello Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #756 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Betwen 5th Ave. and 6th Ave.
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
“Fantastico!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife found this gem of a restaurant, Service was unbelievable, very attentive and friendly. The food was Incredible! And Plentiful! I thought they were going to have to roll me out, I ate so much! I would definitely recommend you try this place and close enough to the theater district too. You will not be disappointed. I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ajerseyguy1

new york city, new york
“Beware off-menu pricing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Watch your wallet when it comes to off menu pricing. Fish dishes are $34 on the menu, which is reproduced on this website; mine, a special, which was not raised in the chef's private fish tank and massaged like Kobe beef, was $47. Similarly, pasta dishes are uniformly $25 but risotto with asparagus, which is on the printed menu but surprisingly unpriced, was $42 for one person or $84 for two persons; this was confirmed by the maitre d’ when I questioned the price I paid. It would seem that they knew what they were doing when they left it unpriced on the menu since no one in his right mind would pay that for a very ordinary risotto with very ordinary asparagus. But it gets worse. I called the restaurant anonymously a couple of weeks later and asked if they had lasagna and risotto. The receptionist said no to lasagna and yes to risotto. I asked the price and she turned me over to the maitre d’ whose voice I know well. He said that the seafood risotto is $42 and asparagus risotto is $36. So not only are the prices for unpriced specials out of line with their other prices, but they charge differentially depending on the customer.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank minkovich
“Our go to eatery in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We come up to the city once or twice a year to do some shopping, take in a show and EAT! Il Tinello's is always on our list for dinner. We try other places and Lord knows there are plenty of great restaurants in NYC, but we keep coming back here for the service and the food. Il T's has an excellent wine selection and they mix a fine Manhattan as well. Don't forget to cap you meal with a Lemoncello...

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MajorBrad
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Best meal of our NYC vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were lucky enough to dine at some excellent restaurants on our long weekend in NYC. Il Tinello was our favorite. The service was phenomenal and the food mouth watering. The table side Caesar salad dressing is carefully prepared and the result was excellent. My husband had a chicken dish that he declared the most tender chicken ever and I had to agree. My veal monte bianco was veal, spinach and mozzarella in white wine sauce was great. My son had a conbo of manicotti and cannelloni. Both were very good, but he preferred our choices. Finally we had three wonderful desserts of chocolate cake, tiramisu and ricotta pie. All were excellent but the chocolate cake was out of this world. The waiter recommended a nice bottle of wine that was not on the menu, but in the same price range was one I was considering. It was very good. The manager offered complimentary after dinner drinks. A perfect evening.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank robsmom
Brick, New Jersey
“What was better ? the Food or the Service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Saturday night at 8:00 pm, evening before Easter Sunday, Mid-town was hopping with tourist. We don't live in Manhattan but visit several times a month for fun and relaxation. We have dined at the "Best of the Best" and local hidden gems the public still isn't aware exist. This sums it up as to IL TINELLO: WOW ! a HOME RUN ! SUPER ! OUTSTANDING ! We can go on and on . Once entering we were greeted by John and his wonderful nature and overall attitude made us feel immediately at home as if we were regulars. This friendly atmosphere / attitude was exhibited the entire evening from all of the servers. Gus our waiter and both captains named Cipriano made the dining experience EXCELLENT which was matched by a traditional Italian menu. The quality of the food was nothing but EXCELLENT. We shared an antipasto which was complimented by a good bottle of Chianti, (note: the prices of listed wines was reasonable, very acceptable, and not over priced as we have found in other mid-town establishments). We are still discussing who had made the better selection: My wife loved the home made pasta with shrimp and I"m sticking up for the Scampi. Both were everything one would expect from this Gem of a restaurant. Dessert was Tiramisu and Gelato complimented with two after diner cocktails and black coffee. We dined for over 2 hours and at no time were we pressured to finish and leave. The friendly and relaxed atmosphere that we received as we entered remained throughout the entire evening. So to the Chef, John, Gus, both Ciprianos we thank you for a memorable dining experience and we shall return every time when in Mid-town. We feel like we made new friends in this EXCEPTIONAL Italian Ristorante.
BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO ! IL TINELLO.

• Visited March 2013