“Love, Love, Love The Shepherd's Pie”
Review of Kennedy's Restaurant - CLOSED

Kennedy's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Transit: A,C, B,D to Columbus Circle
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband and I come to Kennedy's every time we are in NYC. We were there the end of June and visited three times.

I love the back bar and Maurice the bartender. It's always a friendly crowd and the Shepherd's Pie is wonderful.

There are newer reviews for Kennedy's Restaurant

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This establishment should not be rated as a restaurant. The service is indifferent, the food not memorable and hurredly cooked. The ambience is bar oriented, with the patrons of the back bar overflowing into the "dining" area, making it a truly unpleasant experience. my advice is to stay away.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Service was outstanding and the food, my salad was excellent ... lots of locals coming in and out and a very nice neighborhood atmosphere

Reviewed May 6, 2012

There are several reports on TripAdvisor that say that Kennedy's is closed.

That's very interesting - since my wife and I had dinner there last night, and when I asked the waitress about the reports that they had closed, she was totally baffled.

Kennedy's is a small Irish bar and restaurant in the very upscale West 57th Street area of New York. It can be boisterous like any other Irish restaurant, but the dining room in the back is quiet and extremely relaxing after a day in New York. I first discovered Kennedy's in January 2004, and it was so pleasant in that back room with the open fireplace and wood fire. The food is not especially exotic - they offer the usual Irish pub items (shepherd's pie, bangers and mash, fish and chips), but they also have a wide offering of meat, poultry, fish and pasta dishes as well as daily specials. And the prices are reasonable, even considering the high-rent neighborhood.

I had the crab cakes - lots of crab, sauteed but not too 'fried', with the house vegetable (carrots) and baked potato. My wife had her usual salmon caesar salad and reported that the salmon was generous and perfectly grilled (she doesn't care for fish that is underdone).

Will we go back - absolutely, as long as those rumors that the place has closed are put to rest.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

The lovely established waitresses have left and with it the cheerful service. After posting a good review for this establishment earlier this year, I feel I should remark that it is starting to slide downhill. Had brunch there today and it was so-so with very slow service, one completely wrong order for my friend ... who had wanted French toast and when he sent it back it took a full twenty minutes for the right order to come. French toast? There was only one other table in use in the dining room, so it couldn't have been that they were busy. I have noticed the slippage in other ways ... menus that don't tell the whole story, for instance a daily special that is listed as including vegetable and potato, but doesn't say that with certain choices they leave those out. The same menu advertises dessert, but doesn't say the management chooses the dessert or what it is. etc. And they have stopped serving the lovely hot scones. I guess once a place gets established, things relax. Too bad.