“Quite Simply; Excellent Noodles!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Menchanko-Tei Midtown West - CLOSED

Menchanko-Tei Midtown West
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Seating
Neighborhood: Midtown
New York City, New York
“Quite Simply; Excellent Noodles!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

My wife and I absolutely love noodles! She had the Miso Menchanko and I had the Chige Miso Menchanko (spicy miso). she added extra chicken, I added bamboo shoots and we both added a hard boiled egg. These noodles were fantastic and very inexpensive. We also ordered the Pork Pan Fried Dumplings and although we prefer steamed Chinese Dumplings, we both found these quite enjoyable and would order them again.

A great new midtown find for us and a reliable source for great noodles!

Visited January 2012

Canberra, Australia
“Famous for their prawn ramen (which I didn't particularly care for), I suppose this place is worth a revisit. Our...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2009

Famous for their prawn ramen (which I didn't particularly care for), I suppose this place is worth a revisit. Our friend's grilled cod was burnt, but with some persuasion they gave us a new (slightly less-burnt) piece of cod. The shrimp gyozas are tiny but nicely done.

Independent Republic of Brooklyn
“Delicious Ramen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

This place has great ramen made daily at their factory. The soups are all great but what is truly delicious is the seaweed salad- I order it twice the last time I was there.
Good noodles for after MOMA.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice noodles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2009

Nice noodles

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I really love this place...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2008

I really love this place even if the food is not consistently perfect. Otherwise I would give it 4.5 stars.
Their home made tofu and home made soba are very good and up to par to what I've had when I lived in Japan.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook