“What a view !”
Review of Asiate

Asiate
Reserve with OpenTable
Asiate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Transit: 1, B, D, A and C Trains
London, United Kingdom
“What a view !”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Recently being in NYC I took my mother here, what a fabulous view, great food and attentive service (in that uniquely american way... i.e slighty over the top haha)

1 Thank James G

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Charlottesville, Virginia
“You pay for the views”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

First the views of Central Park are beyond compare, this is what you pay for. Breakfast will run approximately $25-$45 per person for an average size meal. I must say if you are going because you want great food to go with the great view... eat before you come. The food was not bad, it just was not impressive at all. The staff was excellent when I had the cream cheese that came with my bagel, lox and capers returned to the kitchen because I noticed black finger prints on it. The manager quickly replaced my food and comped my entire bill without me even asking. I would only return if I were staying at the hotel and food was included with my suite.

CT
“Great views”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The views Central Park from the 35th floor of the Mandarin are outstanding. The service was impeccable. My wife and I order the $150 tasting menu. We had the full works ranging from Waygu beef, caviar, scallops, lobster and five desserts. The presentations were excellent. However, the taste of the food didn't match the finest restaurants NYC has to offer. Something was missing that prevented a good meal from becoming a memorable one.

Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic view! Great service”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Another recommendation from our concierge. And with his connections, we got a fantastic view table overlooking manhattan! This place is very expensive and usually offers the price fixed menu only. Until 930 there is a chefs tasting menu which we were too late to try. Its a minimum charge of 95$ for the night we were there. I had the lobster. It was a small portion but very good. The steak was also 5 star according to my dinner companions. The waiter had a fantastic knowledge of wines, and recommended some dessert wine that set us back 55$ a glass! So be careful ordering. Its worth spending the money for a delicious dinner, and some wine education. They have an amazing cellar. Dress for the occasion! A perfect place after the theatre! The Mandarin hotel is amazing and worth seeing.

Alamo, California
“I wish this place had better service”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This is such a beautiful, refined, elegant space with a phenomenal view of Columbus Circle and Central Park. The food was lovely. Unfortunately, the service was a huge disappointment. We had a very difficult time garnering our waiter's attention; I asked three times for a server so our party could order drinks; and our waiter was decidedly unfriendly. The service spoiled the experience. Sad!

Visited May 2014