“One of the Best Restaurants I enjoyed feasting in - in New York” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Asiate

Asiate
Reserve with OpenTable
Asiate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #205 of 13,478 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 60th Street between Broadway and 9th Avenue
Transit: 1, B, D, A and C Trains
Singapore
“One of the Best Restaurants I enjoyed feasting in - in New York”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Pre-fix Lunch on Tues 23 Oct 2012 and Buffet Brunch on Sat 1 Dec 2012

Countless tourists visit the Time Warner Building in Columbus Circle for shopping but yet miss The Mandarin Oriental Hotel on the 35th - top floor of this building.
Before one enters the Asiate Restaurant, the lobby and the surrounds of the Mandarin Oriental will already impress you.
The ambiance of the restaurant is great PLUS the bird’s eye view of Central Park across and Columbus Circle and the traffic below is incredible - from the Asiate Restaurant on the 35th floor of The Mandarin Oriental.
The view is easily one of the best in NY.,, beating the obstructed view from the revolving restaurant The View of Marriot Marquis Hotel.

I enjoyed the pre-fix lunch on Tues 23 Oct 2012 so much that I returned for the Buffet Brunch on Sat 1 Dec 2012. Both meals were superb - well presented, delicious and fairly reasonable.
Service was impeccable but unobstrusive The waiters were alert to my every need.

Definitely a lovely restaurant to return to - on my next visit to New York.

• Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“A Must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is difficult to describe for me.
I never trust too much fixed menu in restaurants above all when I'm in a nice place.
This time has been terrific.
I paid 90USD for menu + 50USD for wines but was heaven, food was excellent and the view to die for.
Please visit their website you'll find all the information you need to book and see the menu.
Furthermore you'll see why the view they have is breath-taking and probably one of the best n NY.
I had scallop and branzino: they were soooooo good!
I'm pretty sure everything in the menu was good and so was a pity I didn't indulge a little more.
Sommelier guided me to choose the right bottle of wine with the fish and the right prosecco with the dessert, he was well trained and polite.
Pity my wife was not with me otherwise was the best romantic night in NY.

• Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Luxury with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great vistas of Central Park from top of the Mandarin Oriental. I cannot really call it Asian, but maybe fusion. We tried the branzino, striped bass and the wagyu beef as main courses, they were all tasty and the beef was exceptional. A little pricey but not "sky-high", prix fixe is a good deal. All these said, would I go back another time? Probably would rather try another restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lyme, Connecticut, United States
“Great family celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a great family celebration here last night. We were celebrating an 18th birthday with relatives from the UK and wanted a night to remember. The stunning views over Central Park, top class service, beautiful decor all achieved this. I did not have high expectations of the food and was really going for the venue but was so pleasantly surprised!!! The food was excellent. I had the lobster and it was very tender and beautifully seasoned.Would highly recommend Asiate for special occasion dinners.

• Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Amazing views, fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband took me there for my birthday and it was fabulous! The food was fantastic, many of the ingredients were sourced using local produce. Started out with the foie gras which was probably the best I've ever tasted. Had the lobster for the main course and chocolate souffle for dessert. My husband had the cheese platter which was incredible. The views of Central Park were breathtaking. Our waiter, Daniel, was wonderful.

• Visited June 2013