“A must when you are in New York!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Asiate

Asiate
Reserve with OpenTable
Asiate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #201 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 60th Street between Broadway and 9th Avenue
Transit: 1, B, D, A and C Trains
Seattle, Washington
“A must when you are in New York!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

My fiancé surprised me to dinner at Asiate. Not only was this a great surprise but it was the best dinner we've ever had. The whole experience at Asiate was incredible. I loved the little surprise bites at the beginning and end of the meal. The mango pistachio cake I had for dessert was exquisite. The view was gorgeous and the service was excellent. We highly recommend Asiate and we will definitely go back.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank MJad1

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
“Excellent is an understatemnt when it comes to this fantastic place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

In all due honesty, there are no words to explain this temple of delight!
You have to try, it you do, you will thank me for recommending it, and will go time and time again. I can not recommend any particular dishes, because I have tried many of them, they are all impecable and beyond delicious. Just go several times and try them all.
The setting is magnificent, the food and service could not be any better.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Raoul P
London
“Amazing from the minute we arrived”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked for my partners 40th and it was a perfect end to the day. After a friendly greeting on our arrival we were shown to a lovely view of the city and Central Park. The service during the meal was friendly and very attentive while the food itself is well prepared and worth the prices. They even brought out a birthday pudding without me saying anything based on a comment I made when making the reservation weeks ago. Overall I would totally recommend this romantic location for any special dinner.

1 Thank kiwiboyLondon
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Excellent, but not mind blowing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was taken here by a supplier (at my request) on a recent business trip to New York. There were 9 of us and we were seated in the private dining room.

First, the location - pretty damn good! Even though it was dark we had a good view of the skyline and the park although if you want the best views it would probably be better to aim for dusk as then you could see light and dark views - although this would make dinner a bit early I guess. When it's dark you get a lot more reflections on the windows from inside which spoils the view a little (see photos).

The restaurant is well appointed and all very smart, the wine wall is particularly impressive and the Dale Chihuly glass sculptures in the lobby too.

Wine mark-up didn't seem all that bad considering the venue, and the selection was excellent.

Now, onto the food. We had the tasting menu which started off with a great lemon jelly which was spherified and exploded in the mouth. Other highlights for me were the noodle dish with caviar and a soft boiled quails egg and the halibut dish which was very tasty. The scallops and apple ice was interesting and the fillet of wagyu beef was very tasty if not as tender as I anticipated. The desert selection was pretty good too. Portion sizes were about right and by then end of the meal I felt satisfied.

Altogether it was very good, but it lacked a certain something that really blew your mind.

• Visited January 2013
New York, New York, United States
“Romance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a must for tourist who want to have a romantic dinner in New York overlooking Central Park. Its a bit pricey, but its well worth it..

Visited January 2013