“Mandarin Oriental does not deserve such a bad service”
Review of Asiate

Asiate
Reserve with OpenTable
Asiate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #202 of 13,630 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 60th Street between Broadway and 9th Avenue
Transit: 1, B, D, A and C Trains
New York City, New York
“Mandarin Oriental does not deserve such a bad service”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The service was very poor.
I had a business lunch with a scholar of wine. The sommelier was not even there. The waitress had no idea about the wine list. We were left alone by leaving the food too long in our table. They poored tap water on top of our Pellegrino and nobody replaced the bottle. Coffee was served before dessert, etc, etc, etc.
As a summary, very poor service for the price you pay.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Belo Horizonte, MG
“Perfect brunch!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The brunch on weekends is great, food is superb, service is perfect, the price is fair for the quality and... the view of NYC is awesome! It is one of New York's most beautiful restaurants, I imagine having dinner there must be a great experience too, will do it next time. Do make a reservation.

• Visited November 2012
Brisbane
“Amazing views only surpassed by the amazing staff”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I spent the year trying to decide where to propose to my girlfriend. In the end I narrowed it down to the Asiate and Central Park.

I contacted The Asiate several times and they could not be more helpful. In the end I chose Central Park as I wanted it to be a private moment between us.

I decided to celebrate in the Asiate after with dinner and I am so glad I did. Even though we decided not to get engaged there they had saved us a seat next to the window and all I can say is wow. The views are breathtaking!

The staff were so attentive and I found the prices very reasonable for what you are getting. They even presented us with a special "congratulations" dessert.

I have travelled the world and The Asiate is definately the finest restaurant I have been to and the staff were amazing!

• Visited December 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Awesome view... Good food!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The view is fantastic... The food is satisfactory... We were there for breakfast and I was more than happy with the offerings. It might have been simple fare at relatively high prices and maybe you will get better food elsewhere... but the view is awesome and the service impeccable. If you are in the area, it’s worth a look!

Campania
“Beautiful view in the heart of NYC”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I really appreciated the beautiful view and the food quality.
The three-course price fixed menu (only for lunch - $ 34) is convenient and delicious:
amuse-bouche, mushroom soup, atlantic halibut, chai tea panna cotta...I couldn't have asked for more!
My girlfriend ordered à la carte: of course prices are significantly higher, but the quality is outstanding (expecially the tuna sashimi).
Very interesting and complete selection of wines by the glass.
Everything measured up to my expectations, I'll be back!