“Worth A at Least One Michelin Star”
Review of Asiate

Asiate
Reserve with OpenTable
Asiate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #730 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 60th Street between Broadway and 9th Avenue
Transit: 1, B, D, A and C Trains
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Came in for lunch by myself with no reservation, welcomed warmly and they even offered me a newspaper :)
First of all, only the view from here worth the trip here, a beautiful view for all the Central Park I was hypnotized for all of time and smile just by looking out of the window.
They have a totally worthy Prix Fixe menu for lunch, 3 courses for only 34$.
The courses are just in the right size defenetly not small as I afraid (2 medium size and dessert that is perfect for one).
Complimentary little gruyere & herbs puff pastries & amuse of salmon tartar with pickled cucumber were lovely (and I'm not a fan of those ingredients)
I also got to choose from 3 different kinds of bread (7 grain, olives & sourdough), the seven grain was soooo good!!
1st course: smoked sturgeon, soba Mai, horseradish hollandaise - the dish was nice but the soba (buckwheat) was amazing!
2nd Course: Quinoa Crusted Scallops, sweet baby carrots, Caramelized onions and a very light wonderful beurre blanc. The scallops were a tiny bit over cooked but the crispy quinoa crust took the scallops to heaven! With all the other ingredients on the plate it was a very good dish! I cleaned my beurre blanc with the bread ;)
3rd Course: Chai tea Panna cotta, whipped chocolate ganache, candied cocoa nibs.
A perfect portion for one person (important not to get a huge dessert in a Prix Fixe menu).
The best Panna cotta I ever had, that get a surprisingly delicious taste from the chai tea. The chocolate ganache & nibs is the perfect accompanies.
A wonderful lunch that worth much more then 34$... I wonder why asiate don't have any Michelin star yet.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Our plan for our trip was to have fab breakfasts, cupcakes for lunch and early dinners before our theater plans. I am so glad we went to Asiate for breakfast because the vew is absolutely incredible...and we werent even seated at a window table. The restaurant is beautiful, the hotel is beautiful and the food was very good. This place made quite the impression on my teen daughters.

3  Thank LaurieSC54258
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Beautiful room with spectacular view over Manhattan.Unfortunately food was only just fair.Very limited and narrow fixed prix menu . Portions are small although food is well prepared.Desserts were very disappointing.Service was good but quantity of food was such that our party left still feeling hungry.A typically over-priced nyc dinner in very beautiful surroundings.

1  Thank michael c
Reviewed November 23, 2012

good food, a great New York experience. try to reserve a table by the window. mach better food then the Maze

1  Thank Avrom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The menu was vast and various. The food is so well cooked and the variety of Asian ingredients is smartly used. The view is beautiful, the service impeccable and the wine cellar is just marvelous… have to see it!!!!

1  Thank Regina_Martha