“Poor Service and Bland Food”
Review of Bice Ristorante - CLOSED

Bice Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 5th & Madison Avenues
Transit: Trains: 6 train to 51st Street/Lexington Ave. E and M trains to 53 St.& Madison/ Fifth Avenues. Bus Stops: M1, M2, M3, M4 bus stops on 55th St or 52nd St. on Madison & 5th Avenues
Description: Bice Ristorante is centrally located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, walking distance to the best shopping in New York City, MOMA, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center and much more. Bice is the perfect venue for corporate functions, social gatherings, Broadway galas, fundraising events, weddings and holiday celebrations. Signature Dishes include homemade Tagliolini with Maine Lobster and wild mushrooms. Casoncelli Ravioli filled with veal and parma ham served with decadent black truffles and rosemary demi-glace, Risotto ai frutti di mare includes scallops, shrimp and lobster and Bice's Spaghetti Vongole Our Chef blends Northern Italian and American cuisine featuring organic products whenever possible. Bice Ristorante, the quintessential New York experience. Timeless Dining since 1926. Where it all began in Milan and continues to thrive Internationally.
Santa Fe, NM
“Poor Service and Bland Food”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was at a business dinner - waiter was rude and kept interupting me. Food was terrible-bland and at least two of us suffered after we ate and for three of us $200 plus dollars. For that I expect better. Not worth it. Sorry.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank will19

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Pricey but Ok”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The food was a bit overpriced (its NYC though so they get a pass) and was average Italian fare. The drinks are really good and although it did get a bit crowded (maybe because it was the start of Restaurant Week), the service was excellent and prompt.

3 Thank Lockstar10
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Restaurant Week got us in the door”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We knew of Bice had visited the Naples location years ago. My daughter is in New York and wanted to go and found you on the list of supporters of Restaurant Week and so we decided to try it. Very enjoyable evening, I ask for substitutions to menus when I go out to eat just to see how the server reacts and the policy of the restaurant. Most restaurants I have visited in New York, the server blames the chef, when regretably not honoring our request...not at Bice. Only one of us took the special restaurant week menu the other two ordered from the standard menu and we all enjoyed our meal and service....Thank you!!!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Wonderful lunch!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My sister and I had lunch here yesterday and really enjoyed it. We were seated in the best table in the house (we thought). It was really crowded and full of business people on their break. The owner said to us "I've fired many people at this table" as he seated us..it was really nice and private. The wait staff was excellent. Our drink guy who also took our orders was extremely friendly. He had a complicated name like "Anabellie" and worked there 22 years. We shared a cesar salad while I had ravioli stuffed with mushrooms and veal and my sister had pappadrelle with tomato cream sauce. We are unfazed New Yorkers and Italian to boot..so we know good food.

Northwich, United Kingdom
“Expensive but OK food - Great Service Though”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Typical of NYC overpriced food compared to outside of Manhattan etc. However, the food was adequate but they dealt superbly with my 8 year old who ordered pasta with sausage and broccoli but the sausage was so spicy she couldn't eat it. I tried it (as did my wife) and we agreed it was way too spicy for an 8 year old. We had asked for a half portion for her so they knew it was for a young girl. When we complained they took it away, apologised and cooked her fresh spag bol that was lovely for her. They also gave her a free desert. The staff were attentive - very good overall.

The bathrooms though - yuk - down the stairs almost into the alley! They need to sort that out!

So bloody expensive for what you get though this seems the norm in NYC it seems.