“Check it out!!”

Sapphire Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Sapphire Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,222 of 14,468 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 60th/61st
Transit: A,B,C,D 19 Columbus Circle
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have passed by Sapphire Restaurant for years and never stopped in. Then I had to kill an hours time right by there so I decided to stop in. OMG I'm sorry I waited so long to dry this delicious restaurant. I have had both dinner and lunch there and no complaints. It is different from other Indian restaurants because it is a la cart. However, the service is outstanding! If you are looking for a nice dinner with great service, this is the pace. Lunch time offers a wonderful buffet. So if that is more what you are looking for go during lunch. Either way you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had a great dinner at Sapphire Indian Cuisine. Highlights included the vegetarian entrees, onion kulcha (bread) and icy cold beers. One negative was that everything was ala carte, including rice and pappadam, which are part of the meal at every other Indian restaurant we've ever eaten at. However, the food was very good and fresh, and we would definitely go back.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Not expecting to find such a place just short of Columbus Circle, but in we went and had a great meal! Very tasty, and without too much spice - unless you opt for the Vindaloo,[which my son did!], but even this was edible with taste to accompany the heat.
Nice staff, and very pleasant surroundings and reasonable cost,[ by NY standards], for a fulfilling meal that pleased 5 discerning adults. Check it out!

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We wanted an Indian near Columbus Circle. Found Sapphire here on Trip Advisor. The food was excellent generic Indian. Despite what other reviews have said, we found the staff to be attentive, warm and more than competent. We had a great experience.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Location, price, service, food...they all get an A+!!! I was able to meet the owner after dinner and he was very warm and friendly. I ordered a number of things on the menu and every one was better than the last. It is located just a block over from the entrance to Central Park. I will most definitely take a trip back to New York just to eat there again. I should add that this was my first experience with Indian cuisine.