“Our new favorite Lincoln Center restaurant”
Review of Picholine - CLOSED

Picholine
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Central Park West and Broadway
Transit: 1 train to 66th Street / Lincoln Center; A, C, B, D train to 59th Street / Columbus Circle; M7,104,20,66 to 66h Street / Lincoln Center; M10 to 63rd Street and Central Park West.
NJ
“Our new favorite Lincoln Center restaurant”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

From start to finish, this dining experience was first rate. The creativity of the dishes blew us away. The staff was also very accommodating to the gluten free issues of one member in our party, going as far as to bake a gf loaf of bread just for our table! The first course of smoked sturgeon mousse with caviar was amazing. When I lifted the lid, the smoke filled our senses.
The service was impeccable, and the captain was the best. When he was assisting us, everything was flawless.
Go there!

“On par with the best”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My friend and I enjoyed catching up over dinner at Picholine. We were here on a Sunday and it wasn't very busy, so we were able to chat without hearing everyone else's conversations. The staff were friendly and attentive. The Fromager was very knowledgeable and the cheese cart was the special highlight of the night because I love cheese. We had seared foie gras and rilettes as appetizers, suckling pig and ribeye as entrees, and cheese plate and coffee spoom for dessert. The quality of the food and service is on par with what I'd expect for a restaurant of this caliber (up there with the ranks of Daniel, Le Bernardin and Astrid y Gaston), so it was excellent. Definitely a place to hit up if you're entertaining a cheese lover.

Naples, Florida
“Extortionate wine, good food.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Tasting menu well presented and of quality ingredients. Wine list ridiculously expensive (nothing under $100) with pompous french sommelier trying to sell the more expensive bottles and then making veiled negative comments when his wine was not chosen. The numerous wait staff was courteous but mixed. Some really pleasant and others arrogant. Overall good food, fair service and dissapointing wine pricing.

2 Thank RaiDoc
Bloomington, Indiana
“great place to eat when going to Lincoln Center”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was our second visit to this fine restaurant. My wife and I went with a friend prior to attending a performance of the New York City Ballet. The food was excellent; and the restaurant is very good about getting you out the door in time for the performances. I would definitely go there again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank ipeguy
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Overpriced in general ... and beware the wine !”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

French restaurant with fixed price or tasting menus. We had the 3 course $98 version which was the same price even for vegetarians. Food was fussy with small portions and seemed a throw back to the 80s. We also had the wine selection ($50 each) chosen by the restaurant to accompany our dinner choices. One of my wines was old and sour tasting and was the bottom of a bottle when poured. The very snotty wine waiter was condescending when i reported this and appeared unwilling to replace it until my husband also said that mine tasted off. With bad grace I was bought a replacement but I was so irritated by his attitude that it was hard to enjoy the meal.
Restaurant itself is long thin and gloomy and having booked it to celebrate my daughters graduation we were disappointed though they did provide a free small additional dessert for her. Did not feel at all worth the pricetag of $700 including tip for 4

Visited May 2014