“Caviar heaven”
Review of Caviar Russe

Caviar Russe
Reserve with OpenTable
Caviar Russe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,102 of 14,593 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 54 STREET
Transit: E, F trains to 5th avenue, Madison buses.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

If you like caviar this place is heaven. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing. The have wide variety of quality caviar. Foods are reasonable portion and do not overwhelm the main dish, i.e. caviar.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Right off Madison Avenue, we first made reservations before going. The service was great, everything we requested was granted. We had a great time.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

It was easy to make reservation, and the food was excellent. We had a party of 10, and received very good service. The decoration of the restaurant is very unique. We'd highly recommend this place.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband & I went to dinner here last night on a pre-fixe dinner they were advertising. I was interested since my husband loves caviar but hadn't put much thought into the space. I'm glad i did though because it was one of the better meals we've had in the city.
We started with some oysters which were fresh & delicate, then had a lobster roll which was filling as it was a bit large but very tasty.
The 3-course dinner started with eggs 4 ways with caviar- our favorite part of the dinner- scrambled with caviar, deviled quail eggs with truffle oil, fried quail egg with caviar & poached on a potato pancake with a thick slice of bacon (my husband's favorite). Our main course was a tasty combo of scallops, alaskan crab and foie gras- very rich but a complex blend of flavors. Dessert was more kitschy than tasty- the hazelnut crisp was very nice & parfait- the blueberries with goat cheese was not my style but cute in trying to look like caviar & i'm more of a chocolate person.
All the wine pairings were perfect! The place is a bit pricey but if you're looking for a romantic & fabulous night out- i highly recommend this place!

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Have never tasted such great caviar, I still remember the smell the next day. Definitely will come back again