“Best Italian restaurant in NYC and close to Lincoln Center”
Review of Cafe Fiorello

Cafe Fiorello
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Fiorello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #352 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Between 63rd and 64th Streets
Transit: A, C, E, B, D & 1 trains t
nEW jERSEY
“Best Italian restaurant in NYC and close to Lincoln Center”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We dined at Cafe Fiorello and the food and atmosphere were great. It was my husband's birthday and they could not have been more gracious! The fresh homemade burrata is made twice a day. We selected several of the fresh burratas. I enjoyed the burrata with fava bean, pecorino cheese and anchovies and my husband chose the burrata with prosciutto di parma . We enjoyed both. My husband is a fan of lasagna and loved the open faced lasagna saying it was one of the best he ever had. I choose the homemade fresh pesto ravioli filled with spinach , arugula and pecorino. It was topped with basil almond pesto , arugula, tomatoes and shaved parmesan. It was just out of this world! I only wished that I could have taken the rest with me but we were going to Lincoln Center! This is a busy place but everything was great.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Great thin crust pizzas”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I've been going to Cafe Fiorello for a number of years and love their thin crust pizzas. The open-faced lasagna is excellent as well and the antipasto bar is a house specialty (with many seafood and vegetable selections). It gets really crowded here though and there is virtually no place to stand while waiting for a table. One disappointment is that they just changed their policy to only serve the great pizzas after 8:00. This is a real problem for someone like me who goes here pre-performance (it is right across the street from Lincoln Center). I hope they change back to pizza any time!

San Francisco, California
“Never disappoints. We love this place, upper west side on Broadway”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Great food and service. Love it, we go there each time we're in NYC. Breakfast, lunch, dinner! If you like Italian, this is the best.

New York
“New even pricier menu, not so nice anymore. Time to rethink Fiorello.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We have been going to Fiorello for years and years. They have a new menu with some significant changes including no pizza prior to 8 p.m. I had an antipasto for an entree (we are vegetarians) which I have had before. However, now it was $21 for 3 choices. I am a tiny person and do not eat much. However, for my $21 I was served my 3 choices (mushrooms, quinoa and broccoli rave). There was no more than 2 tablespoons of the quinoa, 4 seems of the broccoli rabe and 4 mushrooms. We were seated after asking to check our coats and were assured that the coat check person would come. He never came. The tables are one on top of the other Nd it was a total pain the neck to keep our coats with us. I appreciate that they make more money with more tables. However, there comes a point where just getting to the reservation desk, getting your coat checked (or not), squeezing into your seat without sitting on the lady with the fur coat sitting 1/2 inch from your table, the shouting from the bar, and dodging the wait staff if, god forbid, you have to use their bathroom, which forces you to navigate through all this chaos to get to the back of the restaurant (allow 15 minutes just to reach the bathroom). We love their fried artichokes but even those are beginning to not be worth it.

Bergen, Norway
“Go here for the atmosphere”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I went here for a late lunch after having seen a performance at the Lincoln Center. It was crowed, but I got a seat at the bar. The staff is nice and charming, and they offer great service even though being busy with a full restaurant.

I had the truffle pasta, which was somewhat overpriced and not so impressive, but that is what you get at such locations. I had a great time.