“Great food for the price”
Review of Jaiya Thai

Jaiya Thai
Ranked #2,451 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed on east 28th street at the Park South Hotel and walked to the restaurant, which was only a block away, 5min walk, if that, we arrived without making a pre-booking, which if you arrive early enough should not be an issue, may need to pre-book a seat or be prepared to wait, if you intend going later, as does get busy. The food is really tasty, full of flavour, with quite a varied menu and you get quite a lot for the money, you also get topped up with water, every time you empty or near empty your glass, so can be quite a cheap meal, if you don't want any other drinks. We had starters of cooked pork and satay chicken, which were both mild on spice, followed by drunken man noodle, one chicken and one beef, which were both quite spicy, not as hot as we are used too, however would be warm for those who are not. If we had to make a criticism, the only issue we had is that they rushed you, by clearing the plates, as soon as you finished and the main came out within a minute of finishing the starter. Other than that a great place to eat, good value for money and the staff are friendly, would recommend giving it a try.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've only been to a handful of Thai places, but I enjoyed this one. They have a number of great dishes and the portions are right for the price. Doesn't crack my favorite NYC restaurants or anything, but tasty enough to remember.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our family went there Saturday night, September 1st. The service was excellent, the atmosphere, the fish green curry, the "special sauce", the wine...all of it. Hats off!

1  Thank SandraDee_22
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Really love the food here. Most of their dishes are great. Their medium is really spicy so be careful with the spice level.

The chicken satay, naked shrimp, papaya salad- all excellent!

I dont think you can rrally go wrong with their dishes. Just be super careful with the spice levels.

Ambiance is ok, nothing to rave about. But I will highly recommend the pace for its food.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

You wouldn't think that a Thai restaurant on 2nd avenue would anything but a take out place until you experience Jaiya. It is amazing, yummy and fun. I think there are multiple locations, but the one we went to just opened a few months ago between 80th and 81st on 2nd. The decor is authentic, from Thailand and exemplifies modern, classic, decor. I really felt like I was in Paris for the evening, it has that kind of vibe. If you have been to Paris, you'd understand what I'm talking about. There is incredible Thai food there. It is loud however, because they have a live DJ. Go figure! It was awesome! Great place for a large group or a small one but remember, you might be asking them to repeat themselves a lot. The food itself was memorable. I can't wait to go back and have the Nam Prik with shrimp. My boyfriend had the Volcanic soup and the Jungle Curry, both very hot and delicious! Two Thumbs up!!