“Disappointed”

Transit: 4,5,6,7 to Grand Central Station or E and V to 51st street
United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 29, 2008

I had heard good things, and I've been to Marcus's Aquavit, so we were expecting greatness.

If you go, be sure to avoid the table we had: in the hallway next to the server's station. Each time they grabbed some silverware, they slammed the drawer closed and we felt it in the back of our booth seat. Plus, we were privy to all their chit-chat about other tables--- not cool.

When I ordered a Gibson to start, our waitress was not quite sure what it was. I explained that a Gibson is a gin martini served with cocktial onions. The woman at the next table said, 'I think he's the only man in the world who knows what a Gibson is!".

The braised short rib dish was unique: the meat was seared into a block about the size of a deck of cards (but twice as thick). The result is a crisp, carbon exterior--- wonderfully, juicy within.

About $140 for the three of us.

Will not return.

NJ
“Definitely will return for a less rushed dinner.(My fault not theirs!)”
Reviewed December 27, 2007

Made the mistake of not leaving enough time to get to the restaurant on a Friday night during the Christmas season. Arrived an hour late for my reservations, but was graciously received. With play tickets across town we decided to go the sushi route. (although a few entrees piqued our curiosity) We were not disappointed with the quality or presentation of the rolls we ordered an any place that has blue fin toro is all right in my book, The puffed rice shrimp roll was ahighlight and the loaded miso hit the spot on a cold night in NYC. After such a nice effort to accomodate our rush, I definitely would try this place again when the time allowed a more leisurely meal.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“nada special”
Reviewed November 16, 2007

nada special

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
NYC
“Great”
Reviewed June 20, 2004

The food was surprisingly good. The fish was fresh, the amuse was delightful (also fish) and the side dishes were great-bok choy and mixed vegetables. Overall, the presentation of the food was great and so was the service.