“awesome food and great view”
Review of Cipriani Dolci

Cipriani Dolci
Reserve with OpenTable
Cipriani Dolci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,228 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Vanderbuilt and Park Ave
Transit: Metro-North Subway 4,5,6 and 7 trains
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Awesome authentic italian in the heart of grand central station watching the crowds and being surrounded by amazing great hall architecture. For some reason though they don't seem to want to serve you on arrival. First time I went I stood waiting for ages before I was asked if I wanted anything. Second time I went I stood there for 10 mins and nobody came to serve me so they lost me as a customer!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

As two of a group of 20 from Australia, in NYC as part of an Academy Travel (Sydney) tour, we were treated to a lovely lunch at Cipriani Dolci. We'd spent the morning looking at notable buildings and were pleased to be able to relax in comfort, overlooking the concourse of Grand Central Station.

Most of us chose a pasta main and dessert. I was in the need of 'vegetables' so selected the Doges Salad: a big bowl with corn, asparagus, tomato, tuna and avocado. Really delicious, and healthy! My partner and I shared a lemon meringue tart, which was also delicious.

The wines flowed freely. It would have been nice to have had a siesta. It was a memorable afternoon, one of many wonderful experiences during our excellent tour.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Sat in the beautiful surroundings of Grand Central Station with the finest table linen and a champagne cocktail - what's not to like? Totally blown away by the prosciutto, mozzarella and rocket sandwich. A must visit.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Whether you are waiting for a train or just nearby and want a great meal, this is the place to dine...they have chicken wings that are fileted?? don't know how they do it, delicious and fun to eat. You can sit high above the train floor watching hundreds of people below and experience great food..we love it

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I was meeting a girlfriend and booked a table for 2 for lunch at Cipriani Dolce at Grand Central in early June. Having been to several Cipriani restaurants in NY and Italy...my expectation was that the food and service would be wonderful. We found the service to be indifferent....they constantly asked if we wanted wine or cocktails. We both had the seabass which was loaded with a salty red sauce on top. The sautéed spinach was dry and tasted like it was refrigerated and reheated. We both ordered salads (expensive @ $20 each) ....very ordinary! We had to ask to fill water glasses and for coffee. Then an unappetizing plate of biscuits were " plopped" on the table. There were 4 servers who attended to our table while we dined....one got the impression that they were not trained and did not like their jobs. This may be a meeting place for cocktails...but they have a long way to go to live up to their reputation for wonderful food and service.