CHO DANG GOL
Ranked #979 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Korean, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Cho Dang Gol is a casual dining establishment that embodies the coastal village located east of Seoul famed for making soft bean curd from local soybeans and sea water.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I really loved the food at this place it was fresh and the taste was divine. It became my fave place in town. I felt very welcomed and the staff was very friendly. Next time I head to NY will definately return!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great authentic Korean food! If you are an adventurous eater and like foods and dishes you've never tried - this is a great choice. I loved my spicy tofu and seafood stew/hotpot.
A tady pricey and service isn;t the most friendly or I would have given a 5.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Came by for lunch on our first trip to NYC. Had to wait about 5 minutes. Everything we had was sooo good. The best Korean food!!! We were served with an assortment of Korean specialties while waiting for our food- all were extremely good and tasty. We ordered from the lunch specials- jjigae. Both of our dishes were delicious. I have already recommended and will be back on our next trip to NYC.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We've eaten at Korean places all over the country, and this was the worst easily, so I don't know why it's rated so well here in NYC. The little appetizers that always come with Korean meals were very good, but the meal was downhill from there. The Kalbi beef short ribs were bland and skimpy. They appeared to be griddled, not grilled. The grilled chicken was extremely strange; it was more like sautéed Kimchi chicken than grilled chicken. The bulgogi was either boiled or sautéed then placed on a hot grill plate to make it sizzle and boil off the remaining fluid. Lastly, the meal was prohibitively expensive by Korean restaurant standards. Authentic or not, this place disappoints this foodie.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

First time we were having Korean food we loved it !! Very nice people always there for an advice. Great service, very good food you must go there !!! We wil go back for sure !