“Spicy tacos”
Review of Dos Caminos

Dos Caminos
Reserve with OpenTable
Dos Caminos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #863 of 14,026 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 26th and 27th Streets
Transit: 6 train to 28th Street and Park Ave.
Description: Dos Caminos brings the vibrant spirit of Mexico City to New York City. Serving authentic and upscale Mexican cuisine, including fresh guac, killer margaritas, and South of the Border staples like Asada Tacos and Mexico City-Style quesadillas. The tequila and margarita menu is one of the most robust of its kind. “Dos” has single-handedly redefined Mexican for Americans. Regular celebrity and power player pop-ins fuel a raucously clubby vibe, the sexy interior spaces impress guests for all occasions – private parties, client dinners, date nights and more.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went there to taste mexican food in NY. We prefered to sit outside and the atmosphere was really nice but the interior of the place was even better. Now for the food. I suppose that he guacamole was fine and the margueritas the same. A friend of mine tried quasedillas and it was OK. I tried tacos with pork. I now know that tacos can be really spicy. Mine were for sure. I know that mexican cuisine is spicy. My major complaint, except that even if not spicy it was not something special, is that I would like the waiter to inform me that a dish is really spicy. I don't like to be surprised that much. In other words, for me in general, an average experience and I tried everything (before starting crying from my spicy tacos). In addition, at the time we sat, only few tables (3 or 4) were occupied and the personnel was about 5-6 persons but it took really a while until we managed to order.

5  Thank ilGrec0

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

It's definitively an address that I would recommend to my friends who are planning to pass by NYC ! Service was maybe a little bit slow but I have taken that too much into account as I was enjoying my stay and holidays. Price is reasonable. Worth while a visit !

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have visited this restaurant many times when in NYC. The cocktails are always interesting and delicious. The guacamole is some of the best we have eaten. We were excited to take a friend there for dinner. The service was fair and the main entrees were okay. I felt like the price we paid was a bit too much for the lack of service and portions of food.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was Really excited about this place when visiting NYC but was very Dissapointed . Horrible service and the food was just ok . Overpriced tacos that is all .

I would skip it if I were you

Reviewed June 15, 2013

First the bad, the service was awful. They were very nice but the servers were just screwing up left and right. Secondly, they offer you their great avocado dip and chips, after making it sound like its the best thing in the world you will say yes. Then when you get your bill you will see it is $16. But other than that we sat outside with a great spot for people watching in the middle of a great area in meatpacking. The brunch was prob the best Mexican food I have had in a very long time. Def pricey but delicious food and god drinks. 2 people for brunch with couple drinks each was $70.