“Big disappointment”

Neighborhood: Manhattan
michigan
“Big disappointment”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were really sorry we made the walk in the rain for this place. My husband got the french toast with bananas and it wasn't good at all. It was gritty. My pancakes were good, but just basic pancakes. Nothing special at all. I asked for my bacon well done but it came under-cooked and really fatty. I sent it back. Service was a bit slow. We won't be back. Too many other good places in the area.

• Visited November 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Great place for brunch, but get there early”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My sister and I ate here, just about managed to get a table around 10 am. I ordered the Sam I Am, my sister Had the farmer's market omelette! Both plates were huge, freshly cooked and enormous!! The waiters were chatty and friendly, even though it was frenetically busy.

Reasonable prices, no-one hassles again to hurry your food, the coffee pot is bottomless and the vibe harmonious.

This place also has a cool bathroom. Sign the wall as you leave!!

• Visited December 2012
“shame”
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

unfortunately Penelope has become a victim of its own success. 80 minute waiting time at ten in the morning. tables squeezed together to get people in .....you may as well sit on someone you've never met before lap! !. it's a shame....although because of all this we found a gem two blocks away ...moonstruck diner.

West Sussex
“Delicious breakfast in very pleasant surroundings.”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My sister & I recently visited Penelope's for brunch, having read previous reviews - we were not disappointed and were glad to have managed to get a table.

My sister ordered Sam I Am, a kind of omelette/scrambled eggs with asparagus and feta cheese, which she really enjoyed. I ordered a farmers market omelette, with a choice of fillings. It was as light as air and came with crisp little home fries and toast.

We ordered a cinnamon roll, because we'd never had one before (I know!!!) - again it was freshly cooked and warm and doughy - yummy!

Brunch nckuded freshly queued orange juice and bottomless coffee - all lovely. Our waiter was young and chatty - he could not have done more to make us feel welcome, he and my sister chatted about Banksy and his Banksy tattoo!

Reasonably priced, we thoroughly enjoyed our time at Penelope's.

everywhere
“Fresh food and a friendly vibe”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This cute little eatery is perfect for breakfast. The servers are friendly and the food is fresh. We ordered 2 Lattes, a side of fruit, Buttermilk Pancakes (fluffy but had a bit of a savory taste), the Penny Egg Sandwich and eggs with bacon. Our order came out to $46 for three people and it was well worth it. There was a wait for at table, so we simply sat and ate at the bar.
We were stuffed and ready for a long day of sight seeing and walking after the morning feast. This spot is great for a quick breakfast or a long social breakfast, it's up to you.

• Visited December 2012