“My first try at Korean BBQ was the best!”
Review of Han Bat Restaurant

Han Bat Restaurant
Ranked #2,168 of 14,530 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had never had Korean BBQ, but was on a business trip to NY and I walked by Han Bat. I thought - why not? So I went in and was seated right away. The menu was daunting, but a friend had recommended Bulgogi, so I ordered it. Then they brought me all these little bowls of stuff. I had to ask the server to explain it all to me. I tried them all - noodles, greens, seaweed, pickled radish, jelly, chicken/potato, and kimchee. They were all delicious to me except the kimchee (but I think that's just a personal taste). Then they brought the Bulgogi (steak) and rice. I was now in heaven. It was very flavorful and tasted especially good with the side dishes. By the time my dinner was over, there was not an empty seat in the restaurant, and it was a Wednesday night. I knew my first try at Korean BBQ was a success. :)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Tried this restaurant "on a lark"--i.e., no one recommended it. We were hungry, and it was convenient. Food was very tasy, prices reasonable, service quick and courteous. Populated with "locals, "always a good sign.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a 24hr Korean restaurant serving fresh great value food.

Just across the road from Macy's this is a must if your in New York especially if your hungry after a night on the town.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had dinner here with folks who've lived in Korea and they were excited to try the bulgogi. It arrived looking like dog food. They were disappointed and said they were expecting the beef to be sliced strips, not ground up, the way it was. I had a squid entree which came with grocery store inguine noodles (I thought they'd be rice noodles) that was just ok. We also ordered dumplings--which were good, and the scallion pancake with seafood--which was the best thing on our table. All in all the prices werent too bad for Manhattan and the appetizers--kimchi, various pickles and tofu dishes--were awesome. Maybe we just ordered the wrong things (the bulgogi and the squid) because the place was packed with Koreans and there was a wait list for seating--lots of folks love this place.

1  Thank Kim O
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Yammy Korean food!! Every week I go there. I love silky topu jji gae and galbi tang..yook hoe! Server are friendly !! Good side dishes what they serve before main dish. When you hang around with your friend. Catch up here!!