“Great Porterhouse, lousy service”

Wolfgang's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfgang's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #832 of 13,630 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great Porterhouse, lousy service”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We made reservation on a Tuesday for 8 p.m.. I already knew we would have to wait but after 45 minutes we decided we would eat at the bar whit many others who did not want to wait 1 hour to be seated. We ordered the Porterhouse for 2 with the creamed spinach and it was just awesome. Best Porterhouse I have had so far.

Go here for the Porterhouse and if you don't want to wait just tell them you'd like to eat at the bar. Jack at the bar is a really good and funny guy to chat with and it's loud everywhere so why not skip the wait and eat at the bar.

3 Thank Heise69

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“The best steaks in nyc”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I'm there once a week and enjoying it every time.
The atmosphere are great, service great, food excellent and I checked most of the steakhouses in Manhattan.

New York City, New York
“Very Good Steakhouse”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Surprisingly on a night like Valentines Night we were easily able to secure a last minute reservation. typically the bar and entrance area is packed, it was empty. We arrived and were immediately escorted to a lovely table. he are two sections, the main dinning area where there is a real buzz and a second more intimate quieter area in a back room, I prefer this area, not so noises and one can hear yourself talk.
The bread they brought was delicious but I really think it should have been served warm.
Our waiter was very good but seemed to want to take our order as we sat down, even before we had actually looked at the menu. this would mean that your food would come fast and they could turn over the table and get you out fast, we actually waited a while and then ordered as we have experienced this here before.
The salads are very good. We ordered their porter house steaks and lamb chops. I felt that the chops were so charred that they had little taste. the Porter House which is their speciality was delicious.
When we were finished dinner the waiter asked. IF we wanted desert, again, he should have brought us the menu and then asked us this question, again rushing us.
Wolfgangs is a very good restaurant but not excellent in my opinion
I would say it is perfect for a date, but don't order too fast unless you do not like your date and want to be home early

1 Thank sanmerle
NY
“Still good steak but reservations are a joke!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I go there quite often, the last time yesterday. Yes, steaks are still good and service is still rough. The problem this time is that I arrived on time for my reservation and I had to WAIT FOR 45 MINUTES. I find it absolutely unprofessional to have people wait so long. If I book a table for 8.30 I expect to be seated by that time (with some flexibility of course), Having my table ready at 9.15 is another story. Too bad, this was the last time!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank cinroundTW
Curitiba, PR
“Service was awful”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had a terrible experience at this restaurant, with an awful service by the waiter. Even though I had especifically asked not to be served by him any longer he kept on coming to our table, and when he brought us the bill with a 20% gratuity "suggested" I said I didn't find it fair to pay that. He then brought us the receipt (of my "travel" card) for me to sign without the service included, which I signed. Afterwards when I checked my balance at the travel card company I found out that, after I left the restaurant they had included the gratuity, even without my permission. I found that really a total lack of respect towards a customer.

Visited January 2013