“Great food, great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Centro

Cafe Centro
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Centro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,928 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, European, French
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 45th Street & Vanderbilt Ave.
Transit: Subway to Grand Central station.
Description: Cafe Centro is a brasserie-style French restaurant serving breakfast, lunch & dinner near Grand Central in Midtown NYC.
“Great food, great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

The spot to go for a business lunch, staff is very friendly and food is simple but great.
Go to beer bar for an after dinner drinks, always full when the weather is nice

Visited March 2014

stamford, ct
“Drinks after work”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I usually go here for lunch since it is so close to my office-- but my friend couldn't meet me for lunch so we decided to meet for drinks. The tables in the cozy bar area were set up with munchies that were complimentary, and the wine list was fairly priced for what you ordered. There was no rush to turn the table over, and we could have stays for hours if we had wanted to. The server was efficient and personable. It almost feels as if you are in someone's living room-- the atmosphere is so inviting. I have met two more friends for drinks in two additional occasions, and my experience was similarly great. Relax and enjoy yourself here-- work is over-- now it's time to be treated like a treasured friend.

• Visited June 2014
New England
“Better Options Abound”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

It was the location that attracted us, as we were doing business near GCT. The restaurant was quiet at 1:30 in the afternoon, which should have warned us off, but we didn't have a lot of time to hunt for something better, or to queue up for a table. The Lobster Penne Rigate could have been good, but for the overcooked lobster. The sauce was tasty, but more buttery than olive-oily (as the menu had suggested). Prices were absurd, maybe not for the location. Service was impeccable.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Uninspiring and small breakfast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Bit faded and past it's best I think - study in beige and brown with uncomfortable pleather seats. I didn't think I'd ever complain in NYC about size of portions but I ordered poached eggs, bacon and roesti potatoes. Two tiny skinny rashers of chewy bacon, a tiny triangle of tastless roesti (less than 2" each side) and the smallest poached eggs it must be possible to find out of a chicken. On a large ungarnished plate (toast $6 on top of the $16) it looked like a kids meal and took me 4 mouthfuls to eat. Nice fresh grapefruit juice at $8. I would pass on breakfast here.

Brisbane, Australia
“Disinterested and inefficient service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

NYC restaurants are known for efficient, sleek and friendly service.

Well this restaurant doesn't have any of these things.

My family and I attended for a quick lunch but there was nothing quick about it.

Had I not reminded the waitress that I had ordered a dessert, she would have forgotten,

Still the food is excellent and the décor out of a interior style magazine.

There are good lunch specials and a reasonable wine list.

Its well positioned immediately adjacent to Grand Central Station and the Met Life building.

Perhaps we just hit the restaurant on a bad day or had a tired waitress.

• Visited May 2014