“Northern Italian Cuisine; Traditional Atmopshere”

Rossini's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rossini's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #707 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Park & Lexington Avenues
Transit: Located 4 blocks from Grand Central Terminal Train - MTA Metro-North Railroad Subway - 4, 5, 6, 7, and S lines Bus - M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M42, M98, M101, M102, M104, Q32
Description: Located in the charming neighborhood of Murray Hill, Rossini's has been serving fine Northern Italian Cuisine for 35 years. The genuine friendliness and warm service makes diners feel right at home in this family owned restaurant. We specialize in Northern Italian Cuisine but also features dishes throughout the Italian Peninsula. Our cuisine is based on many long standing family recipes as well as new and innovative Italian presentations. Our menu offers a wide variety of pasta, chicken, veal and fish dishes or our chef will prepare your favorite dish if you don't see it on the menu. The large chairs and roomy interior provides an ambiance that is perfect for the important business lunch or the intimate romantic dinner.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Rossini's, located in the Murray Hill section of Manhattan is just what one would expect from a traditional Italian restaurant in New York. If modern, hip, trendy restaurants turn you off, this is the place for you. The decor is right out of the 1960's, but that is fine for those looking for the traditional experience. The food was well prepared and exactly what one would expect from this style and type of restaurant. The piano player completes the experience.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were in New York City this past weekend for the graduation of my niece and looking for a really nice restaurant close to our hotel. It was really cold rainy weekend for Memorial Day weekend. My brother wanted a really special "New York" experience so we spent about an hour looking up possible restaurants, some supplied by our hotel. This restaurant was NOT on the list of the St Giles Court, but we saw it on another list. Don't know why as it was about the closest.

Based on reviews from other Trip Advisor's and other factors, we decided on Rossini's and we were all glad we did. Rossini's is one of those 'classic' Italian restaurants... Coat check room, linen table cloths, lots of waiters that always folded up your napkin when you got up to go to the rest room and a nice, welcoming host/owner etc. We were met as we sat down with a small plate of some awesome bruschetta and the waiter offered a wine that was on special that nite - a good deal and a really nice wine. We settled in with that and enjoyed the wine and appetizer. We didn't get menus for a while and at first I was thinking... why is it taking so long and then I thought "just relax and enjoy our conversation". Which we did. Just as we were starting to want menus, there appeared our waiter with them. They had an awesome appetizer of avocado and shrimp but i also wanted the spinach salad with warm bacon dressing (did I mention it was a cold nite?). My sister in law and I decided we'd spit both of them. When they appeared, the chef or waiter had split up the spinach salad onto two plates and put the appetizer there for us to share. That couldn't be spit as it was served in a hallowed out avocado shell, otherwise I'm sure that would have been divided also. Both of these first courses were terrific - especially the avocado shrimp dish.
We preceded onto our entrees - My brother and I had veal dishes and my S-I-L had a custom prepared rissoto. The meal was wonderful.

We weren't sure that we'd get dessert - I hardly ever do as I'm usually too full, but the leisurely pace of the meal and the tempting options made it pretty easy. Plus the fact that the portions were thankfully small. If I every do get dessert, I usually ask for REALLY small portions and almost never get them. I hate leaving good food behind. These were perfect.

I've eaten in a lot of really nice restaurants many with superb service, but Rossini's is definitely up there. As an example of the service, right after dinner I noticed I'd spilled a drop of the lemon wine sauce from my veal onto my sweater. I dipped my linen napkin into my water - which I wasn't drinking - to wash it off. A few minutes later our lovely waiter appeared with another napkin... and a glass of club soda, suggesting it does a better job of washing things off! Unbelievable!

The meal wasn't too expensive for NY and the extent of our meal plus the wine. Not counting tip, the bill was around $240 for three people.

But the one thing that future diners should be aware of is the noise level. Several other reviewers mentioned this, but I thought they were probably talking about the opera singers that are there on Sunday nite. This was a Friday nite. It's a two level restaurant, so perhaps the lower level has better acoustics. But when we arrived around 6:30, we were one of about 5 or 6 parties. The only noise was a couple of women behind us talking way too loud. But by about 7 or 7:15, the place was full and really really loud with talking, plus the piano player - who was very good, but frankly drowned out by the loud talking. It wasn't really very unpleasant, because the rest of our experience was so good. But if you're looking for a quiet evening, wonderful meal and service, I'd suggest going there on an off nite or early to avoid the crowds.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Family, friends, business or solo..you won't be disappointed. This is a restaurant that caters to YOU! The wine list is great, the service is great and they always accommodate your taste buds or your time. I have walked in there at 11pm and they have served me a perfectly prepared meal and no rushing to get me out. I work late sometimes and when I am solo I get a private table, with business associates I get a comfortable table, and with my beautiful wife I get a romantic spot. The piano player is quiet and soothing and always takes requests like "Lady in Red" when I am with my wife. Saturday nights is a little to loud for me because of the opera singers but some obviously like it. The menu is sophisticated but subject to your own tastes and they will cook anything if they have the ingredients.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

An interesting experience. The service was very good to excellent, as the staff were very attentive.There was live music (opera), but it was a bit too loud and made conversation a challenge. The food was also very good. The prices were a bit on the high end.There was no wait in being seated. If you want a nice place to eat good northern italian fare, in the midtown area, it's a good choice.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have eaten at Rossini's many times over the past few years, I have never had a bad (or even sub-par) meal in all of those times. Attentive wait staff and a expansive menu make it easy to exactly what you want. The small bar is also a nice place to hang with a few friends before dinner. If you don't like what you see on the menu, just ask....if they have the "makings" they will accommodate your needs.