“gluten free and Italian!”

Bistango Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistango Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #345 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“gluten free and Italian!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The entire menu is gluten free. I had ravioli for the first time since I can't remember when! So delicious! My friend is not gluten intolerant, and, yet, could not tell the difference! Even had gf bread, roasted, and wonderful olive oil for dipping. The only not gf item is regular bread as well as gf.
I hope to return!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank beth f

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband, son and I met with friends at the restaurant. The restaurant is very small and lighting is very low. The food was okay and the atmosphere was nice. Price is on the high side. Staff is attentive. Not sure if I would go back with all the restaurants in the city to choose from.

• Visited June 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great food and great for those with celiac disease!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I want to start by saying I wanted to give 5 stars, but the portion size prevented me. I was with my big Italian family who are used to "family" sized dishes. I realize this is a nice Manhattan restaurant and not my grandmother's dinner table, but my portion seemed more like an appetizer. That being said, the gnocchi I got was amazing. It's my favorite food and I am pretty picky about it, but they did an amazing job. The pesto was fantastic, and the shrimp were big and tasty. Part of the reason I wish the portion was bigger was because I wanted more!

We went here for my sister's birthday, and she has celiac disease. So she doesn't eat gluten free for any trend or diet, she has a severe wheat allergy. To find a place that assures safety like Bistango did was great and is sometimes hard to find. They did an amazing job, she loved her meal and the gluten free red velvet cake. Often times we cannot take a whole family to a restaurant because of the many places she can't eat, but Bistango really did an awesome job with their non-gluten free food and gluten free food.

I would love to go back again and try something different and plan on doing so, I just wish the portions were a little bigger.

• Visited July 2014
Falun, Sweden
“Great eat for allergics ”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and good food. They felt attentive and serious about our allergies. Would recommend for gluten allergics any day.

San Francisco, California
“gluten free ravioli!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Delicious gluten free ravioli and a very tasty salad. Attentive service. A great treat for gluten free and "regular" eaters!

Visited July 2014