“Excellent Restaurance with Gluten Free Options Galore”

Bistango Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistango Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #326 of 13,678 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Portland, OR
“Excellent Restaurance with Gluten Free Options Galore”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Pros:
1. Really cute restaurant in the heart of NYC with multiple gluten free options that my son can enjoy
2. Food is really fresh and tasty. I had the beet salad and eggplant dish
3. Desserts are broad and all fresh
4. Pricing are reasonable for NY locations
5. Customer Service is impeccable

Challenge: One small challenge is the noise level when all the tables are booked you have to scream to the person next to you to carry a conversation. I am not sure if that can be improved but other than that this is a wonderful meal that you will not regret.

• Visited October 2013

New York
“Great pasta and more”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I love everything we have tried. She loves the black ink pasta with Shrimp she had last time. I enjoyed the eggplant pasta. Last time we both really liked the spicy sausage pasta.

Visited October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Like no other eating experience!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Before heading to NYC, I researched Gfree restaurants and I was dying to go here. This place did not disappoint; they actually exceeded our expectations! We stopped by Monday night for dinner (did not have reservations) and since it was early (5ish) it was not a problem. It was still fairly empty but the later it got, the more it filled up. As soon as you are seated you are asked if you have any dietary restrictions. I have never been asked that. HOW GREAT!!! Anyway, I got the spinach ricotta ravioli with pink sauce and my husband got the wild mushrooms and ricotta ravioli with pesto sauce (both GF, of course). The only place I have eaten better spinach ricotta ravioli is my favorite restaurant in Florence (Yellow) and the only place my husband has had better pesto sauce is in the Cinque Terre. The pasta is not gummy like most GF pastas. I didn't know it could be this way. The GF bread that was served with the meal was great too (cost $5 and totally worth it, nice and crusty more French baguette than Italian)! I only wish I had room for dessert because they had several items that looked great that were GF. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. The restaurant was nice, minimal and seating is a bit tight.
This had been added into our rotation of places to eat when we go to NYC. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!

• Visited October 2013
Reading, United Kingdom
“Neighbourhood Italian”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Booked this restaurant from the UK and visited last week. None of us had any allergies and we really enjoyed decent food in and nice atmosphere. It was a Saturday night so the place was packed and busy. The staff were friendly and checked about allergies which is a first.

New York City, New York
“Awesome food, and perfect for a gluten-free diet!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We love it here. A good friend has Celiac's, so we always take her here. It is always a hit! The wait staff is very attentive and well trained, and the owner is always on hand to make sure things are running properly.

The only thing I don't love is how close the tables are together. But it's New York. Astronomical rents demand it.

• Visited August 2013