“AMAZING food... average staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Keens Steakhouse

Keens Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Keens Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 5th and 6th
Transit: N, R F, Q, B, D A,C,E & 1,2,3,9 on 34th Street
Description: Keens Steakhouse, a classic New York chophouse, was already famous for its steaks and chops at the turn of the century. Founded in 1885, Keens has 90,000 clay pipes that line the ceilings – pipes once smoked by customers after dinner. Today Keens legendary mutton chops and dry aged prime steaks are still without equal in the city.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“AMAZING food... average staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Quite possibly THE BEST lamb chops I have ever had, I'm drooling just thinking about them! My friends had the T-bone steaks and they were amazing too. My advice is to lay off the starters and constant supply of bread and nibbles as the portions were huge - the steaks were 28 oz!! Best meal I think I have ever had in an amazing setting and not badly priced too... just a shame the staff weren't that friendly. If you are in Manhattan this place is a must!!

• Visited August 2014

• Turkish first
Valley Forge, PA
“A Classic.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Keen's is a classic steak restaurant with very warm and inviting club like atmosphere. You feel like you among friends, and some may be at the next talbe. We enjoy celebrating birthdays and anniversaryies here as well as going just for the certainty of a great steak or Dover Sole, and nice dessert, and well made cocktails.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank eclectic779
New York City, New York
“Amazing meat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I'm gonna keep it simple cause there is not much else to say that in this place I've tried the best steak in my whole life. 800g of Prime Rib and a red Californian blend. Don't go to Argentina, here they serve the best meat in the world.

1 Thank Gaboplatonico
New York City, New York
“Still the best steak house in Manhattan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

This was my forth visit to Keens and just like the other visits, it was perfect. I can't say enough nice things about this place. The staff is excellent. The rooms are beautiful. The food is great.

We were running late for our reservation so we called to let them know. We had actually requested a specific room in the restaurant (second floor, small room) and they held the table for us. No issues at all.

You can't go here and not have the steak. Cooked to perfection. The filet is the best.

What's also interesting about Keens is that everyone there (patrons) always seem to be just as happy as we were. They brought us a slice of birthday cake and the entire room sang happy birthday.

Try the butterscotch sundae for dessert. The perfect way to end the meal.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JudyMetroNYCarea
Cheshire
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

First time in New York and had been told that this place knew how to cook steaks. Looking at the size of dishes other people were enjoying we decided not to have a starter. I ordered a sirloin steak and I usually go for medium to well done. The waiter suggested from what I described that medium would be the best. It was perfect!! My wife had the fillet and that too was spot on. We couldn't manage a dessert either. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was amazing. The place was full. I don't often drink beer but they had a good range of beers and I opted for the stout, also very enjoyable. So glad we went there. It was a tad expensive but for a quality product and the standard of service it was good value. If you like meat, you will love this place.

• Visited July 2014