“One step out of NYC”
Review of Keens Steakhouse

Keens Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Keens Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 13,763 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 5th and 6th
Transit: N, R F, Q, B, D A,C,E & 1,2,3,9 on 34th Street
Description: Keens Steakhouse, a classic New York chophouse, was already famous for its steaks and chops at the turn of the century. Founded in 1885, Keens has 90,000 clay pipes that line the ceilings – pipes once smoked by customers after dinner. Today Keens legendary mutton chops and dry aged prime steaks are still without equal in the city.
Delaware Water Gap, PA
“One step out of NYC”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

One step into the tavern and it seem like you're some place else. The bar is medium size and full. It is attached to the restaurant and it has NYC history and character. http://www.keens.com

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Awesome food, eclectic place, but service lacked”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

First trip to Keen's to celebrate out son's birthday and the food did not disappointment. We have the 12 oz Filet, the New York Strip and Lamb Chops. All were cooked to perfection and delicious. I had a Bittersweet martini and the wife a whiskey sour. Mine was made perfect, she thought hers was a little heavy on the alcohol pour. Our only complaint was our server, didn't get his name as he didn't introduce himself. We asked for limes for our water and never got them. Water glasses sat empty for minutes on end. And I was never asked for a second drink the entire meal. We were treated like we were doing him a favor by having him wait on us. The support staff was adequate except for the water refills. Overall we will be back for the food and hope to get better service.

• Visited August 2013
Leicester
“New York at its best great service and food”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Quite simply one of the best steaks we have had!

We visited andhad Fillet and New York four and we still couldn't finish! We didn't have a starter and I am pleased as we wouldn't have done the steak justice. We had sides of Fries, Idaho JP (me) along with wild mushrooms.

Then we had Carrot Cake (me) and Julie Choc mousse wow was devine but to much for us to finish.

A great place to eat and service was super.

• Visited July 2013
York
“Wow. Best steak ever.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We spent serious bucks here, but it was well worth it. Loved the cocktails, the oysters, the steaks (a bit salty, but next time I'll request little salt). Nice friendly service. Not too keen on the specialty of the house- mutton chops-were over cooked.

Visited July 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Perfect Steak House experience”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I took my parents to this place to celebrate my mom’s birthday (she is a meat lover), and I’m glad I did. Everything was excellent from the food to the service. Our waiter was very attentive, and accommodating; he asked if we were going to share, and was constantly bringing extra plates for that. They have a good wine list, and the whisky list is probably the most extensive one I have ever seen in any restaurant. I wanted my dad to try Dalmore King Alexander III, and to my surprise it was right there.
For appetizers we ordered Caesar salad and crab cakes, and both of these dishes were very well prepared. The salad had the correct amount of dressing, and tasted the way Caesar salad is supposed to taste (nowadays salads are often drowned in dressing and don’t taste the way you expect). As far as the main course is concerned, we ordered their legendary Mutton Chop, T-Bone steak and Filet Mignon. We ordered them all medium, and they were prepared that way. I knew what to expect from T-Bone and the filet, but this was my first time trying the mutton chop – I liked it a lot; it was very flavorful and tasty. For dessert we ordered Key Lime Pie, Cheesecake, and Chocolate Mousse, all of which were excellent as well.

• Visited July 2013