“Your average Italian eatery”

Gente Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Gente Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,219 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 3rd & Lexington Avenues
Transit: Subway: 4/5/6, S, or 7 at 42nd Street - Grand Central Station. Bus: M101, M102, M103, and M98 at Lexington Avenue and 45th Street or 3rd avenue and 45th Street.
Description: Gente Ristorante Italiano offers a touch of Milan in New York City on 45th Street. We serve authentic Italian food. Our soups are freshly made daily using all vegetarian ingredients. We serve Panini, Pasta, Pizza, and Salads that are all natural. Our Gelato, Sorbetto, and Dolce are flown in from Milan. We have an array of specials everyday. Second courses, such as chicken and tuna, are available for dinner and delivery. Take-out from Gente is available as well. Our unique space is perfect for private parties, client presentations, or product introductions. Gente also has a fully licensed bar with a wide selection of alcohol from Grey Goose to Jack Daniels.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was in New York for my niece's wedding (lovely service in Central Park, btw) and I had an evening to myself. I'd passed Gente a couple of times going back and forth to the Alex Hotel and decided to give it a try.
The atmosphere was nice; the restaurant has a nice neighbourhood feel to it.
I chose the Caesar Salad and Chicken Marsala for my meal. The salad was pretty bland, but the main was respectable, the accompanying veggies were perfectly cooked. I followed this with a coffee and a healthy shot of Grand Marnier. The prices were reasonable.
My only complaint was that the service was fairly inattentive. I was left sitting with an empty coffee cup and liqueur glass while the staff walked past me. No-one asked if I enjoyed my meal and I had to work hard to get the waiter's attention for the bill. Worse, they seated a couple beside me, the female of which had doused herself in perfume. They should have a separate seating area for such idiots.
Overall, the place was just okay.

1  Thank RCWard

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Food was vey good. Location in Midtown was perfect

1  Thank djh5723
Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Amazing food and calm interior, menu selection is wide actually. Though the menu is short.

1  Thank BM666
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Limited menu but dishes on our table seemed well executed.
I took carpaciio, which was just a little bland, followed by Risotto Milanese (mushroom and saffron) - delicious, and NY cheese cake, superb.
Atmosphere was good on the midweek night I was there. Relaxed but Decor and clinetele on the smarter side - I mean no neck ties but no jeans/sneakers either.

1  Thank stubbornguineapig
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Went here twice during our stay. Good service, excellent food and nice atmosphere. Would definately recommend.

1  Thank Louise M