“Friday Night Dinner”

Sushi Yasuda
Ranked #553 of 13,551 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Friday Night Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This was chosen by a simple search for sushi restaurants. Ear the hotel that we booked. Reviews recommended booking at least 2 weeks in advance which we did in order to to sit at the sushi bar and have our own personal sushi chef.

The chef asked what we liked and we simply left it to him. I'm not sure how many courses he served but it must have been between 15 and 20 ranging from tuna and salmon to Sal and sea urchin. The restaurant has simple surroundings and drinks are either beer or saki.

We ate until the chef realised we could eat no more. This type of meal is expensive but the service, quality of food and atmosphere were outstanding. If you're in NYC and like sushi then book this place well in advance. Awesome

Visited June 2014
1 Thank ChrisintheBahamas

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
“When I see local Japanese in a Japanese restaurant , I realize I'm in the right place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Sushi Yasuda seems very understated when it comes to the decor and the environment. But once you have tasted the food, that's what gets you quickly to change your attitude.WOW!
Don't go there expecting Zuma or Nobu cuisine, go there for authentic sushi and Sashimi.
Exceptional service from helpful staff, and best part is they do not expect any extra gratuity on the bill....love it!! Who else does that in the US, let alone NYC....

Visited May 2014
Pound Ridge, New York
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

I went there yesterday. Surprisingly without reservation, maybe because it was Monday around 6 p.m Outstanding Sushi and Sashimi, tuna just melted in my mouth. The menu is expensive but worth every dollar. What surprised me is that restaurant does not except tips for the wait staff.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Had sinner here last night. I live in Lonodn and have a hard time finding great Japanese food. This place had it. I let the chef just serve what he thought was best and I was not disappointed. Very very good.

• Visited May 2014
San Jose, California
“Melt in your mouth sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Getting a reservation and figuring out the menu was a bit tricky because I didn't quite understand the guy on the phone. I thought I was reserving the omakase, but they sat us at the sushi bar and gave us a menu. I asked for the chef's choice and was completely surprised by the bill at the end. I expected over $100 per person and it was only $28 each so I must have ordered incorrectly. That being said, my $28 meal was fabulous! Miso soup, 3 types of sashimi, 6 pieces of sushi and 6 pieces of roll. Best unagi and salmon I've ever had. We had maguro, sea scallops, mackerel and hamachi as well. I wish I had ordered off the menu because by the time he asked if I wanted any more, I was stuffed, and I would have liked to try some of the different kinds of salmon and the ebi. Service was incredible and they don't allow tipping. If you drip, they wipe it up immediately, if you drink a sip of water, it is silently and immediately refilled, use your washcloth to wipe your fingers and they replace it. What an incredible experience! I've been spoiled and can never enjoy sushi anywhere else again.

Visited April 2014