“best sushi ever”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was a little worried about this restaurant due to some of the reviews talking about how intimidating this place can be but after going I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to experience the highest quality sushi available. Although a little difficult to find as the only signage outside is a small picture of a fish, once inside we were warmly greeted and taken to our table where our waiter explained the menu to us and helped me choose the sushi. As far as expense, considering this is Manhattan, we found the prices quite reasonable, especially if you order from the prix-fixed menu.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This place is amazing. I have to confess that I was influenced by Anthony Bourdain's praise as he really extolled this place on his TV show when he met the chef in Tokyo who opened it.

This place delivers. The service was professional and courteous.

The food was unimpeachable. I think the fatty blue fin tuna was the best piece of sushi I have ever had. For the love of God even the ginger is to die for!

This place alone has inspired me to travel Japan - which I hope to do in the New Year.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Have been at Sushi Yasuda five times, and every time they easily confirm this is the best Japanese restaurant I have been to (in U.S., UK, Italy, etc. - not Japan I am afraid): the quality of fish is spectacular, the service as attentive as it gets, and the atmosphere just right. The price - which can vary a lot depending on your choices - is more than justified by the quality of your dinner. Actually, if you are attentive to your cash expenses, Sushi Yasuda can even be an unbeatable bargain.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Very traditional no nonsense sushi place. Don't miss the chilean sea bass dai-ginjo kasuzuke grilled sea bass marinated in sake reduction. Looks so simple but the taste is divine!

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent and we all enjoyed the sushi and Sashimi with a Kirin beer my favorite.
A question though: why do the waiters look so scared? The look in their eyes is quite strange. They way they present the fine menu choices is like they have a gun to their head!
A training issue.
We also like that the tip and tax are included in the price.
This issue is really annoying visiting the US.