“What a terrific cafe in the Village -- and don't miss the Vault bar below in the evening!”
Review of Corner Shop Cafe - CLOSED

Corner Shop Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Bleecker
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stumbled on this place looking for a lunch/brunch spot over Thanksgiving, and we have fallen in love with it! It's a terrific little place at Broadway and Bleeker in Greenwich Village, and a perfect spot for lunch or brunch. Dinner menu looks great, too. The staff is terrific, and manager Stephanie, who hails from our city of Cincinnati originally, is friendly, helpful, and runs a tight ship.

The bar below, called "The Vault," is one of the coolest bar spaces I have ever seen in New York, richly appointed in an old English style. I was so impressed that I'm going back tonight for a cocktail on our last night in New York for this trip. Yep, it's that good.

Go! And tell Stephanie that Douglas from Cincinnati said "Hey!" :-)

1  Thank Douglas D

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Had an excellent lunch here. Fresh soups (1 tomato & 1 chicken noodle) followed by very fresh prawns, served in a small skillet with garlic. I had their special chicken wrap & fries. Everything was perfectly prepared and served with a smile. What more can you ask?

2  Thank talkingpics
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were looking for a place where we could get a simple meal in a relaxed atmosphere. This place had excellent food (I ordered the burger and fries - something I rarely do) - it was superb. The service was equally good - nice people with helpful suggestions. I'd recommend it highly.

1  Thank Ithakate
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Corner Shop was the perfect place to live above for four years. It's a small place with a small menu, where everything is delicious. If your mom opened a restaurant, this would be it. This remains my favorite brunch spot - the creme brule dipped french toast will change your life. It doesn't hurt that the owners of Corner opened one of my favorite bars in NYC (and one of the best cocktail spots), located just underneath.

1  Thank Zach N
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great food , great service. The food is very tasty and healthy top class ingredients are used.You might need to wait a few minutes at busy times but the wait is definitely worth it.The portions are just right I had a starter ,main dish and dessert and I have to say all were excellent.The service superb and staff are very friendly.