“This restaurant does not accept Restaurant.Com gift certificates”

Oldcastle Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #1,443 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: The Old Castle Pub and Restaurant is a bustling bar in the heart of Midtown Manhattan and only steps away from Times Square and the Theater District on 54th Street between 6th Ave and 7th Avenue. The bar first opened its doors in 2000 and since has been a hub of activity ever since. The idea was to provide a unique Irish experience incorporating the warmth of an Irish pub with New American cuisine and all the while maintaining the same charm and hospitality. The Oldcastle is the ideal place in New York to host any occasion. Open seven days a week, The Oldcastle offers breakfast,lunch and dinner excellent weekend brunch menu. Located on two floors with a private party room fitting over 100 people and overlooking 54th Street, The Oldcastle is a popular venue for all ages. The best of American and International sports are shown on 16 HD Plasma TV's as well as two 8' projectors. Offering daily food and drinks specials, this is the ideal happy hour hangout.
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Every time we visit New York city, I see this restaurant and I have wanted to eat here. The ambience is wonderful and it truly is a Irish pub with wonderful food. The service was fast and the waitress was very attentive. I would come here alone for the music. (60's)

I had bought a gift certificate through Restaurant.com and that was the main reason for our group of four to go into OldCastle Pub & Restaurant on December 13, 2012.

We travel to New York City at least once or twice a year and I have bought a lot of Restaurant.com gift certificates for New York City.

However we learned that although the website for Restaurant.Com still shows my gift certificate valid, I was told at Oldcastle that they have not accepted the Restaurant.com gift certificates for over a year.

Even though we spent more money on our food than we should have because we were trying to buy the amount on the gift certificate, the manager gave us a 10 percent discount. And we did find an exceptional place to eat and we will return again.

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Went there to have one beer and as the price was 7.50 I said "make it to nine" and gave 20 dollar bill. After I got nine dollars back, I decided not to complain but instead write this review. If they really believe that someone would give 3.50 tip for 7.50 beer, they are... Well, I will have my next beer somewhere else.

1  Thank Olli H
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stopped in here before dinner reservations on Sunday night...Super happy we did!! The place is classic Irish pub meets New York style. The service was friendly and although we didn't eat here, the menu looked good. Grabbed a few tables in the corner to watch football and have a few drinks. Great draft selection, and nice pours for cocktails.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We just got back from a wkd in NYC - my son wanted to watch the football game last night so we decided to have dinner here. We had to wait a few minutes to be seated & the wait got longer after that. Our waitress was no where to be found -- we finally ordered & it took forever to get our meal. My son asked for a soda refill & he was told they don't do refills--would have been nice to know upfront before paying $4 for ONE glass of Coke. We finished eating & a food runner brought another meal to us. It was our exact order-- I told him we already ate & he asked me if I was sure (??) of course I was sure.. We waited for our bill, paid & left... Will NOT be back!

1  Thank jennyf2
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Very nice pub with some nice touches - the glasses, the service, the food was lovely too. (Wi Fi too)