“Don't bother”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Calgary, Canada
“Don't bother”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I have never written a review where I couldn't find anything good to say. $4 bottomless coffee that tasted like dishwater and no refills offered. World famous cheesecake that was alternately stale or on soggy cake crust. Absolutely indifferent and clueless service. Just give it a miss no matter the sobriety level.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not your father's Lindy's...”
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I always fall for this place, even though I know it's not the Lindy's I went to as a kid, of Guys and Dolls fame and world's best cheesecake. No, it's an overpriced Riese Brothers chain operation. A piece of mediocre cheesecake and a cup of coffee was $15...watch out for the drink prices, coffee, iced tea and sodas go for $4.79! Don't fall for it. You'll be disappointed.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank jcresq
Brattleboro, Vermont
“Not great breakfast, very high prices.”
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I went to Lindy's to have breakfast before heading to Penn Station, right across the street. I was startled by the high prices, but expected an amazing breakfast. I ordered "Lindy's own corned beef hash" which turned out to be from a can. The coffee was terrible. The bill for my coffee, hash, and two eggs, was $26. My excellent dinner at Heartland Brewery the night before cost less! Stay away from this place unless you are one of the owner's family members.

Toronto
“NY Cheesecake? THIS is the place!”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Sorry, everyone else who claims to have New York's BEST Cheesecake.

Lindy's is the winner.

We first tried it, on recommendation of a friend, in Grand Central.

Now we can' go to Manhattan without stopping in at one of the Lindy's locations.

It ain't cheap, mind you, but we find sharing a slice works just fine. This time around we took it back to the hotel room.

Surprisingly (or not) cheesecakes goes very nicely with a glass of red wine!!

If you're not convince, try some of the other hangers-on who claim the best cheesecake. We did. Or, save the effort and trust me ... Lindy's for cheesecake when you're in NYC!!

Orlando, Florida
“Okay food - not worth the price”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Stopped into Lindy's for lunch. If we weren't so ready to eat, then we would have left as soon as we saw the prices. $16.95 for a bland chicken salad sandwich and cole slaw and $4.95 for a fountain drink. Not recommended