“My Last Visit...”

Sbarro
Ranked #3,158 of 13,630 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Wilmington, North Carolina
“My Last Visit...”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have eaten at Sabarro in the past as a last-resort and every time I always think: "Why did I eat here?" The food is always undercooked or overcooked. The Pizza is always gooey, and the drinks are always over-priced.

Never mind that the food looks delicious behind the glass sneeze-guard. When you taste it, it's simply awful. On this last visit I had the baked Ziti (over cooked and gooey) with a 'free', undercooked, break stick. The Pizza was even worse. Just terrible. I noticed that they had baked chicken and rice but I was not brave enough to try any of that. Dessert was simply out of the question!

I just loved the workers who were coming in and out of the back kitchen area with food in their hands, no hair nets and the most filthy aprons and work shoes I have ever seen. I've seen cleaner workers in slaughter houses. I give it a two because it's a good spot to waste time between shopping or a show. But I can't figure out how or why they are still in business...

• Visited November 2013

• Indonesian first
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Just Okay”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We needed a late night snack. Stopped for slice of pizza, in my opinion undercooked. Beer was $5.99 a bottle. Unfriendly cashiers. It served the purpose.

Visited October 2013
Cairo, Egypt
“Yummy”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

A wide variety of tasty food...you will find an open buffet , take plates on your tray and go to casheir...you will pay according to the plate weight...very nice pasta , pizza and salads beside meat , chicken and soup..very reasonable price for a good meal in the middle of most expensive spot in Manhatten...about $ 12-15 per person including soft drink. Enjoy a tasty Italian meal.

Visited August 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“Best Pizza in Times Square”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place has a deli type service but you will find the staff all very helpful and cordial. We had one lunch there, the four of us choose the pizza and can say it was delicious. Can not give a review on other food there.

Visited August 2013
Maumelle, Arkansas
“MORE than a restaurant! (a place to relax between shows.)”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Yeah, I know...Sabarro's, like in the airports and the malls. But no, it's not. Yeah, it's got the same pizza, but it's also got a pasta station, a salad bar, and the gelato in the window is what drew us into the shop. The gelato is great. Everything else is ok, and very reasonably priced for the area. But the thing that was REALLY special for us is that it's a nice place, with comfortable tables, reasonably clean bathrooms, and they didn't seem to be in a hurry to rush you out. We were a couple of hours early for a play, and had nowhere else to go. We went downstairs, where it was quieter. We found a table. We plugged our IPhone in and charged them. I can't guarantee that they'll always allow this, but if you're a quiet group, and you've got some of their food on the table, I don't think that they'll chase you away. We were so pleased by it, that we headed back again a couple of days later. Besides the convenience, that gelato was the best that I found in NYC. We even split a slice of the pizza the second time around...free, by the way, since I'd kept the receipt from the first visit and filled out the review of the place. It was a very nice place.

• Visited July 2013