“avoid”

Ranked #9,334 of 13,678 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Benash Delicatessen has been an NYC favorite for more than 15 years. Stop by for a drink or one of our famous corned beef sandwiches.
windsor
“avoid”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

What a let down after some off the great eating places in New York we visited. Out with family and I picked this place as it looked good from the outside. The waitress was to start with abrupt and when we asked to change some of the items on the menu ie can we have that with no egg or can we have cheese with that we were told in no uncertain terms that we must stick with what is on the menu. when the fodd arrived it was ok. Then when we paid we had a row over the tip as we didn't believe that any tip was deserved although we did leave a few dollars. Not a great experience and the rest of the family has not let me forget my choice.

• Visited October 2012

• Finnish first
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great Food & Staff”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Opened up on morning after Hurricane Sandy. Staff very polite & attentive. Food very good and reasonably priced. You will not want a lunch

Visited November 2012
“Rubbish avoid”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We dropped in for breakfast. From the outside looked to be popular. Food was only warm and of very poor quality. Male server inattentive . Food took ages to arrive . Very pricey for both quality and quantity. Waiter demanded 15% tip , which I refused to pay based on the terrible service. He became very abusive . Avoid this place it's a nasty tourist trap.

Sydney, Australia
“Overpriced”
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Feel bad for suggesting to friends to go here but did as it was near my hotel, the food for what it was was overpriced and not that great! Money better spent elsewhere!

Boca Raton, Florida
“Been sick for days”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stopped in for my son to get a hamburger thinking how can they ruin a hamburger? My niece and I shared an order of buffalo chicken strips and a piece of cheesecake. We asked for the hamburger to be prepared meduim....it came like shoe leather! The chicken fingers tasted horrible. We had to ask for the blue cheese and cerlery, only to get blue cheese and had to ask AGAIN for celery. The cheese cake broke apart like it was stale! Given all of the issues we asked to take the $16.00 shoe leather burger off the bill as my son only ate a quarter of it and hated it. They offered to make us another burger and would NOT take it off the bill! I am a top rated reviewer on this site. I do not review bad unless it really deserves it!

• Visited October 2012