“Decent seafood”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Established in 2000. Playwright Celtic Pub is the second act of the successful Playwright franchise here in New York City! In the heart of the theater district and just steps from Hell's Kitchen, the Playwright welcomes locals and visitors alike for 4 floors of Irish welcome!
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Ate an early dinner before a play, and we were served promptly by friendly staff. We were in a mood for seafood and the seafood pasta was good, although I would have preferred less calamari and more shrimp and salmon. The shrimp with rice pilaf was even better. Salad was large and fresh.

3  Thank alashas

Reviewed October 23, 2012

For NYC, the food was reasonably priced. It served delicious Irish fare, and the corned beef sandwiches are great. Oh yes, a Guiness Draft went very well with my meal. I recommend it.

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Take the time to walk a block away from the madness of Times square. Just what I was looking for - beer, food, enough atmosphere to be pleasant but not suffocating. Could do with a couple of healthier options (my colleague was disappointed I think), but who wants healthy when the Mac and cheese tastes that good.....

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I've been to this bar twice now and have come to realize it's where the loud, over the top, I want many voice to be heard, people go after work in Times Square.
If you like lots of people shouting this is the bar for you.

1  Thank KevinQuinn
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Best Shephard's Pie I have ever eaten! Close to all Broadway shows! Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Hubby's dinner wasn't as wonderful (Bangers 'n Mash). Hit or miss I guess.