“Loud and louder”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Established in 2000. Playwright Celtic Pub is the second act of the successful Playwright franchise here in New York City! In the heart of the theater district and just steps from Hell's Kitchen, the Playwright welcomes locals and visitors alike for 4 floors of Irish welcome!
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I've been to this bar twice now and have come to realize it's where the loud, over the top, I want many voice to be heard, people go after work in Times Square.
If you like lots of people shouting this is the bar for you.

1  Thank KevinQuinn

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Best Shephard's Pie I have ever eaten! Close to all Broadway shows! Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Hubby's dinner wasn't as wonderful (Bangers 'n Mash). Hit or miss I guess.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We ate at the Playwright Celtic Pub on our first night there...drawn in by the mural on the side of the building and the phrase "celtic pub". Downstairs, in the bar area, there was a lot of loud laughter...people having a great time. We were there to eat, so we sat upstairs where it was quieter...and a little on the warm side! Service was excellent...water glass never empty...waiter helpful and friendly. We had the beer battered fish and chips. It was mediocre. A little on the pricey side for mediocre fish and chips. If I went back, it would be for a few pints downstairs...sounded like a blast.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stopped by after a show. Great food friendly service and good drinks. A little crowded even for a Monday night but the service was very good.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I visited New York in September 2011 and a friend of mine from NJ suggested me we could go have lunch in this beautiful place! The service is really good, as soon as you get to a table they give you the menu and fill your glass with fresh water. A great welcoming that doesn't happen at all in my country (Italy). The food was delicious, too bad that I only have been there once, if I go back to NY one day, I'll definitely go back there :) Really worth it!!!