“Nice Italian Food on Restaurant Row.”
Review of Orso

Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hell's Kitchen
Reviewed April 6, 2019

Orso is just a touch above the average restaurant row shop. Great dishes and a very nice venue. On a recent trip it was booked solid over lunch and I had to try another day. Reserve early.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 2, 2019

It is a great restaurant!!!
The staff is extremely friendly and made us feel like we were regulars.
They made me a special vegan meal which was absolutely delicious.
Will definitely go again when I'm back in NYC

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

We ate at Orso before going to a show. The meal was wonderful and our server was great. The only complaint is overhearing one server (not ours) constantly talk about politics and dropping the occasional f-bomb. Other than having to block him out, everything else was great.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 16, 2019

Slightly out of the way but not hard to find, this small restaurant offers a nice-sized menu from which anyone should be able to find a favorite. My order was the roasted beet and grilled pear salad with pistachios, goat cheese and a balsamic reduction. It was a standout well-balanced in offering a range of flavors savory/sweet/crunchy. I wished there were a few more pistachios and that the pear had been more room-temperature (it was cold) but I loved it and would definitely order it again. For pasta I ordered the Orecchiette with a sausage ragu, which was also quite good. One very nice thing about the pastas, they offer two serving sizes are available. For dessert, tiramisu which was delicious as well. My waiter was helpful in selecting a wine to fit my desires. The restaurant is small but cozy. You should have reservations. This is not an accessible location as you must go down 3 or 4 stairs to enter the restaurant and there are two more stairs inside towards the rear dining room. Two items that as a solo traveler, I find fairly often. Even with a reservation, I often get seated "out of the way" or by the kitchen. It always feels like a slight to me. The other is that service can sometimes tend to be not as attentive. I found these two things to be true at Orso. While I enjoyed my food and I would definitely go back, I found the attention of my waiter wane severely over the course of my dinner. I just caution restaurants that solo diners are paying customers as anyone else and ask them not to push us to the back or forget about us. All in all I enjoyed my dinner, the experience could have been stellar if I had gotten a little better service.

Date of visit: February 2019
2  Thank Melaniemily
Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

Delicious meal in quaint location. Enjoyed dinner and dessert. The plates were unique and beautiful. Reservations recommended.

Date of visit: February 2019