“Sadly, I Won't Return”
Review of Orso

Orso
Reserve with OpenTable
Orso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #525 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Sadly, I Won't Return”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great ambiance, nice people and wonderful food...however, they would not accommodate multiple tickets for our party of 10, even just letting us split it in half: 2 checks. It took over 20 minutes to get menus again, then decode items on a multi-page, stapled, handwritten ticket with penciled in math and recalculate the tax/tip per payer. I want to ADD this restaurant to my "A List" for my annual New York conference with colleagues, but the inconvenience of having no computerized food ticketing system makes this establishment not workable for groups. I am sad. It was good!

• Visited February 2013

Montreal
“Still the best calves liver anywhere”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have been going to Orso pre theater for over 25 years and we have never been disappointed. Orso is a wonderful little restaurant in the theater district in NYC, that is reasonably priced with the tastiest calves liver anywhere. If calves liver isn't your thing, their pizza and pastas are delicious too. They will get in and out in time for you to get to your broadway play. A real New York evening, has never let us down!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank MontrealTraveller51
Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice italian in 46th st”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

In a street full of restaurants we went to Orso by chance and were very lucky. Informal and polite service, good wine list where some bargains can be found. There are many italian options in the menu and I tried pasta which was very well prepared.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Woisky
Toronto
“I love this place!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Whenever I travel on business to NYC I always make it to Orso at least once for dinner. I know there are a ton of good restaurants in this town but I have a special affinity for this one. Service is always excellent and the northern Italian influenced food is always delicious. Last may 2012 when I was there on business I enjoyed the softshelled crab which was a special seasonal dish and meticulously prepared. Our server suggested the perfect white wine accompaniemnent. In January, 2013 I tried the duck breast prepared in a balsamic vinegar sauce and it was spectacular. The meat was tender and delicate unlike some duck dishes where the duck is tough and overcooked. Because we, (my partner and I) had gone to our hotel bar from some happy hour drinks and appetizers, we skipped the appetizers at Orso and just went for the mains. Once again the server recommended the perfect red wine and that made dinner as excellent as it has always been. Orso is snuggled into a big restaurant area near the theatre district so the location is fabulous too if you feel like bar hopping before dinner or if you are seeing a show on broadway.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank thebossToronto
Monroe, New York
“Nice Restaurant”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had theatre tickets last month and at the recommendation of a gentleman we met on a flight to Newark, we decided to try Orso in NYC. This was a great find as far as my husband and I are concerned. The restaurant is not very large but bright and clean. The service was excellent and they had a nice selection of foods for dinner. I enjoyed a pasta dish and my husband had their pizza. They also put a basket of bread on the table with a bean puree which was so delicious! I heard that celebrities frequent this restaurant before shows and we were lucky enough to see Katie Holmes come in for dinner by herself (and she's lovely!). Prices were typical NYC prices but no complaints here. We look forward to going back again and this restaurant will be a permanent fixture on our list of where to eat in NYC.

• Visited December 2012