“Cold and Disappointing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 39th Street
Transit: A, C & E trains to 42nd Street.
Description: Hellskitchen aka HK featured on vh1 mtv fox 5 dr Phil. Is the ultimate experience. Located at the corner of 39th Street and 9th Avenue, it has transformed the local area of Hell's Kitchen from a place of culinary oblivion to a hot spot demanding everyone's attention. The ultra modern minimalist restaurant boasts French Asian cuisine with a unique Mediterranean flair that appeals to anyone's palate. An elegant streamlined decor of brilliant silver mirrors and glass partitions serves merely as the white plate on which the opulent cuisine is laid before you with colors and flavors that will paint your dining experience in hues you will not find elsewhere in Manhattan.
New York, New York, United States
“Cold and Disappointing”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went for breakfast on a Sunday morning. We were there relatively early, around 10 am, and there were only a few other tables seated.

I had the blue cheese hollandaise eggs benedict. Well, there was maybe 2-3 small pieces of blue cheese on the plate and NO hollandaise sauce. Also, the breakfast potatoes were cold. $16 for nothing...

At least the coffee was hot. Also, BEWARE that they only take cash. All cash business with horrible food? Looks like a facade to me...

New York City, New York
“Very disappointing..”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I work right in a restaurant close by hk and I often go there for a drink after work...
This time I had guests visiting me from Italy, I was busy on the phone outside and I told them to go inside and sit at the bar...
Well, it was midnight: my guests came back to me after ten minutes telling me that the beautiful Asian bartender that was behind the bar had asked them to show the passports before letting them sit at the bar.
They didn't have the passport on them, so they showed her the Id..but it wasn't enough...and they basically had to leave..
I was shocked and still am... Was she probably worried they were not going to tip her? Is that the reason why she did that? I don't know but I'm very sorry about that because I have always liked and supported this place before.
I obviously won't do it anymore..

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nothing exiting!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We both ate classic eggs benedict, the were served with oily sweet potatoes. What really I did not like is how dirty and unkept the place is.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Adriano A
“Not bad”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was down the street from our hotel and was always pretty hopping so we decided to try it out for breakfast one morning. The food was ok. Not great, not horrible. Nice staff and good service, im sure its better in the evening as i hear they have nightly entertainment. There are also garage type door that they put up when the weather is nice and there are also outdoor tables. The atmosphere and decor had a hip and modern feel to it. Not outrageously priced like some spots. It was about $ 35 with tax and tip. Most breakfast items were around $10 a plate.

New York State
“Enjoyable Late Night Meal”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had a very good late-night dinner during a recent NYC visit. Good service, creative menu with some interesting variation on Mexican food, decent prices for what you get. Would recommend to others and would definitely visit again.

• Visited July 2013